Best Sunshade Option for P4P Controller with iPad 9.7" & Case

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the best sunshade. I use an iPad 9.7" with Apple's silicone case.

I've looked at the shades from aerialdroneaccessories.com, but I'm not sure I want that kind of bulk or even if they would work without taking the case off of my iPad.

Thanks in advance,

JRvV

IMG_1524848273.714424.jpg

This came with the package deal, but the brand is not displayed

I just use some cardboard taped to it for the sunshade.

I got the same one as above and it works just okay. I figure that the only way to really solve the bright sun, etc is to do like in the old days and bury your head under a shroud, but then there goes your VLOS. My problem is that I get a reflection of me on my screen which is disconcerting. Have not figured out how to fix that.

I got the same one as above and it works just okay. I figure that the only way to really solve the bright sun, etc is to do like in the old days and bury your head under a shroud, but then there goes your VLOS. My problem is that I get a reflection of me on my screen which is disconcerting. Have not figured out how to fix that.

I find that I usually see a reflection of my shirt on my screen. I’ve found just wearing a black shirt or one without text on it solves the problem.

I think I’ll try the hood from DJI and see how that goes.

Thanks for the replies. [emoji3]

Hoodman. See if they have one the right size. Don't waste a cent on anything else cause nothing else works like a Hoodman. Next best thing to goggles.

Reactions: Agent Smith
I only use it with the extender, otherwise it's just as ineffective as anything else. It's easy to access the screen. It's a little bit of a rig obviously. I had to drop my harness a bit lower to accommodate it. But when you put your eyes up to that extender and actually see your screen the way you should, no matter how sunny and more importantly no matter which way you have to face, it's worth the price and the extra rig. It's like flying with goggles, imo. Awesome to see perfectly during the day.

I only use it with the extender, otherwise it's just as ineffective as anything else. It's easy to access the screen. It's a little bit of a rig obviously. I had to drop my harness a bit lower to accommodate it. But when you put your eyes up to that extender and actually see your screen the way you should, no matter how sunny and more importantly no matter which way you have to face, it's worth the price and the extra rig. It's like flying with goggles, imo. Awesome to see perfectly during the day.

Thank you for all your help. I think I’ll get one. [emoji3]

I have the Aerial Drone Accessories sunshade and it works well. However, it is cheaply built with inexpensive materials and a minimum of glue. I have had to epoxy several of the contact points to get the thing to stay together.
You don’t need a case when using the above sunshade. The ipad is quite well protected when inserted into the sunshade. I also use a safety lanyard around my neck and attached to the controller. The sunshade fits nicely into the fully extended ipad holder but is a bit top heavy so keep a good grip on the controller. Overall the sunshade works well but remember to run the ipad brightness to full bright.

Reactions: JRvV
I will chime in when my hood shows up from eBay.
Hoodman with extension for 24.99 free shipping. The hoods gray and black.
I hope it works ok and not to cheap.

Hoodman works great in the sun.
It’s like looking into binoculars.
Worth every cent.
Good luck

Attachments

• 42B8CDE6-AB62-467D-BC40-706B2A9102F5.jpeg
    42B8CDE6-AB62-467D-BC40-706B2A9102F5.jpeg
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 238

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics