Best Range Extender for Phantom 3 STANDARD??

Reaction score
HI all,

I'm looking to upgrade the standard antenna and distance on the Phantom 3 Standard. I've looked into the ARGTek mod, but I have heard some talk about people not getting that much further. I live in residential Chicago, and my current furthest distance is about 1,900 feet. I need an extender or controller mod that would extend my range as FAR as possible. Practical Budget ($150-200 MAX) I dont want to dis-assemble the drone itself, just the controller and minimally intrusive (I dont want to have to solder stuff)

Thanks Everyone

Reactions: livefreeanddrone
Reaction score
Upgrade to another phantom model and you will get better distance, cheaper than trying to push your P3 standard. Maybe you can do a hack by doing a search. They don't allow discussion on hacking on this forum. Some on this forum may even ask, how far can you see, is how far you can fly. Those are some options. I hope they help you.
I wish you the best.

Reaction score
Upgrade to another phantom model and you will get better distance, cheaper than trying to push your P3 standard. Maybe you can do a hack by doing a search. They don't allow discussion on hacking on this forum. Some on this forum may even ask, how far can you see, is how far you can fly. Those are some options. I hope they help you.
I wish you the best.
DIscussion on controller mods is not allowed here? whaat?? why?

Reaction score
I can only comment on the Itelite DBS Mod I have on one of my P3S’s .

It increased my range and helped the WiFi video signal some, but not as much as I’d like. The video feed might drop out, but control is still strong with the Itelite DBS. It only requires a mod to the r/c, with no soldering required.

I fly in rural areas, so interference from other WiFi signals is minimal. Flying in the city or heavily populated areas will create more of a challenge due to numerous other signals.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Reaction score
I've got a wind surfer on my antenna and I use magic power 5 (google it). I get 3500 feet in semi densely populated areas. However, I agree with one of the posters above... if range is important to you get another phantom. Even a p3 advanced with light bridge instead of wifi will do much better with range and fpv.

Reaction score
Numerous good antenna’s in the $100 range, 2.4ghz booster $40, 5.8ghz booster $60, and $25-$30 for a battery pack. It’s $30 more than your budget, but you want range then you won’t be disappointed. Rural areas 3 mile range or so. If there is no interference you will easily run out of battery before signal. Just be responsible and ignore all the haters that don’t like boosters.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4evermy