Best place to order Phantom 3 and why ?

The one that ships first is the one I'm keeping. The authorized dealer told me my order would be part of their first batch. So, we'll see who ships first and then we'll have our answer as to whether DJI gives preference to their dealers or direct orders!

Sorry but this seems kind of a **** move. Your turning a new Phantom into a used one that should not be sold as new and causing a company to deal with this situation just to perhaps get yours a day or two earlier?

Yep. Worst case you "forget" to cancel and you end up with two! Redundancy is *always* a good thing, unless it's a wife (woman is a different story)
oh yea, i saw some news report about some polygamy show, and i though cool, it would be nice having multiple wives... then i thought, $4!7, its already such a huge pain dealing with just one, lol.

Reactions: dalebb
Sorry but this seems kind of a **** move. Your turning a new Phantom into a used one that should not be sold as new and causing a company to deal with this situation just to perhaps get yours a day or two earlier?
i'm guessing he will likely cancel the order that did not ship out first. most rc stores have a no refund policy... who cares about any of the big stores with a refund policy, dont u always hear how little taxes they pay?

How is it a "**** move"? The second one will never even ship. It won't create a used Phantom. In the meantime two companies are both holding $1,200 of mine. All they have to do is cancel my order and fulfill the next one.

So because of the horror stories ive read about DJI.com's lack of support and 2 day email response times i've been getting from them AS WELL as them telling me I wouldnt be in the first batch of orders and there was no time frame on the second order. I decided to cancel my order with DJI and go with Advexure. They were great to deal with on the phone and hopefully I will get my P3A soon!

I wonder who still has open pre order slots for the first batch...?
When I talked to UAV Outlet earlier this week they said they only had half of their first batch pre-ordered so far. Check with them and you might still be able to get in the first batch.

Reactions: Built Drones
Anyone have any experience with dronesetc? Are they a good to deal with?

Yes, we've bought 3 from them now and we're extremely pleased with their service. Also, we've used their repair center and Matt took care of a failing/blown wifi repeater on our P2V+ and did it under warranty; re-paired the devices, full updates and recalibration and tests. Good communication too, Becca or Mandy has answered the phone or replied to our emails each time we called, so no voicemail dungeon. We've been very happy campers with DronesEtc.

ETA: I didn't get paid to say this...

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
Since both UAV-Outlets and I are in Florida, guess I'm stuck with the sales tax! Advantage is when they ship to me I might get my drone next day! Anyway, I don't mind the sales tax but at least I get it as a business deduction next year...

What you SHOULD be concerned about is having a reliable source for parts and repairs. UAV-Outlet has parts and service. B&H outsources service somewhere. Plus, if you plan to go professional, and you live in a sales tax state like Florida, just as soon as you register with your N number you will get a notice from the Florida Sales Tax office anyway.

I bought one DJI from B&H and the second one from UAV-Outlet. I paid sales tax to UAV-Outlet with the purchase, and I paid the sales tax on the other one when the State of Florida picked up on the FAA registration a year later, plus a late penalty.

I also needed a sales receipt with the serial number for the FAA registration. UAV-Outlet came through for me right away, B&H took several calls and emails.

There are some things more important that sales tax.

Reactions: Built Drones
Yes, we've bought 3 from them now and we're extremely pleased with their service. Also, we've used their repair center and Matt took care of a failing/blown wifi repeater on our P2V+ and did it under warranty; re-paired the devices, full updates and recalibration and tests. Good communication too, Becca or Mandy has answered the phone or replied to our emails each time we called, so no voicemail dungeon. We've been very happy campers with DronesEtc.

ETA: I didn't get paid to say this...

Awesome, thank you

I ordered from US Hobby. They are one of three locations listed on DJI's site for "Where to buy" and "Product Service". I had a few questions and shot US Hobby an email. They responded super quick. If I ever need to get something fixed on the P3, the turn around time will be a lot faster than dealing with DJI directly.

http://www.dji.com/support
How fast would you say the turn around repair is in case I have to send it in to them for repairs? On average?
Thanks!
Tommy
P.S. Could you email me because for some reason I don't get notifications from here and I do have it set up properly.
Thanks!
[email protected]

First time owner of DJI products. I wish I would of read similar threads before ordering direct from DJI. I ordered 3 days after release and have customer Ref # 10321. I sent an email to DJI support and asked if my pre order number will ship on the first batch of shipments in Mid May (P3A with battery) and I was told it might NOT ship during the first round of shipments! Now i'm considering cancelling my order and going with Amazon or another vendor.
I'd cancel if I were you. I learned the hard way as many here have not to deal with DJI directly. You can still get on the first run preorders and have it in a week or two from now. At least they are saying the first runs will be by mid may. Where I order mine from they say by May 8th and free shipping. I heard, never dealt with them before but from reading on her they have a really good reputation and fast turn around repairs at DronesEtc. With that said, I currently have Jeremy on here that is extremely fast with turn around repairs, he usually has a turn around time of 24 hours and is a really cool guy to work with. If you have any other questions from me, (my notification doesn't work with this forum for some reason) email me at [email protected]
Good luck my friend,
Tommy

What you SHOULD be concerned about is having a reliable source for parts and repairs. UAV-Outlet has parts and service. B&H outsources service somewhere. Plus, if you plan to go professional, and you live in a sales tax state like Florida, just as soon as you register with your N number you will get a notice from the Florida Sales Tax office anyway.

I bought one DJI from B&H and the second one from UAV-Outlet. I paid sales tax to UAV-Outlet with the purchase, and I paid the sales tax on the other one when the State of Florida picked up on the FAA registration a year later, plus a late penalty.

I also needed a sales receipt with the serial number for the FAA registration. UAV-Outlet came through for me right away, B&H took several calls and emails.

There are some things more important that sales tax.

I'm in this exact situation, trying to decide whether to buy from UAV-Outlet or B&H (had good experiences with B&H, never used UAV). I live in FL and just a few hours from Jax where UAV-Outlet is located. I'm not sure I'll go professional (a ton of practice and the thought has crossed my mind), but the points you make are excellent ones. I'll be ordering from UAV-Outlet I believe. What's involved in the FAA thing? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigPig, you should just drive over and pick it up face-to-face! I'm in the Tampa Bay area and am considering it myself!

Hey guys, we still have units available for pre-order.. Anyone looking to get their 333 exemption from the FAA will need to pay sales tax on their Phantoms..

http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/...al-quadcopter-with-integrated-fpv-camera.html

What part of Florida are you located?

Tallahassee area. Any idea what day would be good to pick up in person? How should I pay, today then come pick up, or pay the day I come if I take the drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigPig, some great places to stop and fly on your way back across I-10 - ask Chad to charge your battery and you are good to go!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31