Best place to buy?

Reaction score
I was going to order a Mavic today and I'm confused where the best place to buy it from is?

Seems if I want to soonest, then getting it directly from DJI makes sense, except that they have a pathetic 7 day return policy.

Amazon have a much better return policy of 30 days and I know from experience their customer service is awesome.

Am I correct in my understanding? Is there somewhere else you'd recommend?

I too am a bit late to the preorder party. I'm personally planning on preordering from Apple and picking it up once they arrive in store. I'm worried that if I order from anywhere else (DJi directly or Amazon), I won't see the Mavic till mid-novemeber. That's just my thought, but it also helps that I have a few buddies at Apple who can offer 10% off. I don't really care about having a car charger or the DJi bag included in the Combo pack, and ordering from Apple saves me a little over $100. Plus, it's pretty much a guarantee that Apple will have them by November 2nd, according to DJi.

Amazon have a much better return policy of 30 days and I know from experience their customer service is awesome.
That's only if Amazon fulfills (ships) the order. Most Mavic orders on Amazon are currently being fulfilled by DJI dealers.

That's only if Amazon fulfills (ships) the order. Most Mavic orders on Amazon are currently being fulfilled by DJI dealers.
Amazon Prime offering sold and fulfilled by Amazon now.

in CA its pretty much 100usd cheaper when you avoid tax ;-)
newegg has it on 10/18 "send date" also.

the thing is with most major sites you can cancel the order if they end up not sending it on time.
So say the nov 2 comes and your seller didnt send it, grab one at the closest apple store and cancel the order.

Crutchfield has a 60 day return policy with no restocking fees.

Massdrop is selling the mavic pro for 899.99 for those who are interested. I have not read all of the info for the page, but you can research it if you are interested. Just thought I would share a good deal.

Pre-ordered my Mavic Pro today at Advexure here in Los Angeles (got the Fly More Combo) and was able to get into their first batch so should be receiving my order in 1-2 weeks. Shoutout to Mike and Travis for taking care of me once again!

What about Best Buy? 15 day return policy though

I'd say stay away from the big box stores, no support if anything goes wrong. No one in those stores knows anything about the drones they're selling. Find a dealer that deals with only drones and knows and flies the products they sell

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl