Best GPS tracker for drone & Personal Insurance

Reaction score
Just got a Phamtom 4 Pro and looking for some kind of tracking device incase the very unlikely event anything happened to it, what can people recommend thats under £100?

Im not going to be flying it out of sight or over stupid places I just want to be extra safe - Ive heard theres some that you pay a monthly fee.

Also can you get personal Drone Insurance all seems to be for commercial use? I will be getting Commercial cover when i start up my drone business but that wont be until summer when I have my CAA Approval.

Thanks

Reactions: natedecker585
I would assume you are in the U.K. as you refer to the CAA.

The British Model Flying Association (British Model Flying Association) provide £15m public liability insurance to all their members.

Membership is £33 per year. I joined at xmas after I purchased my P3A.

I would also be interested to hear the views on trackers.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks Mr_p - ive had a look at that and seems really good for the price and no excess. Do you know or anyone else if it covers accidental damage if it was my own fault and flew it into a tree and it smashed? (This wont be happening......hopefully).

I also looked into that.... the only hint of cover for your own error was the DJI policy, but the cost of it £200 odd per year out weighed the cost vs risk ratio in my mind.

I'm just being super cautious while I hone my multirota flying skills.

I also looked into that.... the only hint of cover for your own error was the DJI policy, but the cost of it £200 odd per year out weighed the cost vs risk ratio in my mind.

I'm just being super cautious while I hone my multirota flying skills.

Yeah I thought thats too much especially as I will be pretty cautious for the first year and have a funny feeling they would try to get out of replacing it if it was a user error some how. will look into the BMFA though, cheers.

Just got a Phamtom 4 Pro and looking for some kind of tracking device incase the very unlikely event anything happened to it, what can people recommend thats under £100?

You could try an RF-V16 device. Plenty of youtube videos to help. Not overly expensive. Several different fitting are available online to secure to your drone. I recently bought one and it seems to work though not yet fitted to my P4P.

I just got insurance Thur State Farm today as well. $60 a year $0 deductible. I asked the first day I got the Phantom and they said no. After reading everyone on here getting it I emailed again explaining and asked them too look into it. Sure enough they offer it. Thanks

I use State Farm for $81 a year for both P4 and P4Pro. No deductible.

Have a look at Photoguard in the UK for personal [not commercial, no liability] insurance for accidental drone damage. I have heard that Aviva home insurance will also cover your drone, so may be worth checking out also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj