Drone Mods GPS tracker

Reaction score
I have a Drone Mods GPS tracker. It stopped working last year due to the service provider. I've had it for a few years and really liked it. I tried contacting them with no reply. I got to thinking...what if I got a different sim card from a phone store and replaced original sim card. I'm sure I would have a different number to call and have a monthly fee with the service provider. Will this work and would it work as before using Google maps I presume. I would call the number and then it would send my phone a text with a link. I open link and see map with icon of its position.

I got an Aldi sim with a $5 credit That lasts for a year (the credit) They use one of the major telcos tower network here so coverage is good After a years use of maybe 50 -60 flights each with live tracking (position updated every 30 seconds to a minute) I still had a $3.50 credit! You have to use the gps units app though but it’s free. (ReachFar) Yours might work the way you suggest.Ive never tried mine without going through the app
Hope I’m of some help to you .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1