Best priced GPS tracker / personal insurance

Reaction score
Just got a Phamtom 4 Pro and looking for some kind of tracking device incase the very unlikely event anything happened to it, what can people recommend thats under £100?

Im not going to be flying it out of sight or over stupid places I just want to be extra safe - Ive heard theres some that you pay a monthly fee.

Also can you get personal Drone Insurance all seems to be for commercial use? I will be getting Commercial cover when i start up my drone business but that wont be until summer when I have my CAA Approval.

Thanks

Reactions: natedecker585
whats the difference between the marco polo and other gps trackers?
The Marco Polo tracks via a radio signal and has a 2 mile range. Here's a video showing how it works:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Marco Polo tracks via a radio signal and has a 2 mile range. Here's a video showing how it works:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How does radio signal compare with GPS devices in terms of environment ? I mean I get that if you have bad cell service the GPS wont work but do radio based devices also work poorly where cell signal can get to ? Can the signal penetrate concrete better or does it work better in the woods ?

If your bird lands upside down GPS won't help much. I'm in the US but I got insurance for my p4 yesterday. It covers anything that happens to my quad. Even theft or loss. It was $60 USD for a year. Probably a little cheaper in the UK. If you get a tracker it will also cover that if its lost. I think its $45 for a mavic or p3s but I'm not certain about that. In the us state farm is the place to go.

If you're not flying out of sight, then a Bluetooth one is probably sufficient if budget is an issue. Marco Polo is expensive, although has much more range. For line of sight, you should be able to get very close to it to be within range of a Bluetooth tracker easily.

Just because you plan to fly it within sight doesn't mean it will stay that way. The whole purpose of a tracker is to go find it when something goes wrong. Whether its a malfunction or pilot error. Plus there have been plenty of times when my drone was withing sight distance but I couldn't see it and had to rely on the screen on the controller.

If your bird lands upside down GPS won't help much. I'm in the US but I got insurance for my p4 yesterday. It covers anything that happens to my quad. Even theft or loss. It was $60 USD for a year. Probably a little cheaper in the UK. If you get a tracker it will also cover that if its lost. I think its $45 for a mavic or p3s but I'm not certain about that. In the us state farm is the place to go.
Where did you get the insurance??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic