Best FPV Goggles System for the Mavic Mini

• Thread starter Deleted member 123260
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 123260

The dongle system is cheapest and has lower latency for flying the Mavic Mini with fpv goggles. I can actually fly fpv like a racing quadcopter system. Thoughts, comments? I know the goggles have gone up to $140 since I bought them a month ago for $50, but otherwise all you need is the dongle (~$30), the female-female hdmi adapter ($4), and a powerbank ($17).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What kind of goggles are they? Brand , model, etc.
The Yuneec Typhoon fpv goggles. But now, since DJI released sdk for the mavic mini and 3rd party apps are being made for the mavic mini, I would just get some cheap vr goggles and use them with your phone. If you just want to fly fpv like a cinewhoop, vr goggles are great.

i have cheep vr goggles, but the dont split the view. i assume the apps you speak of do that?

i have cheep vr goggles, but the dont split the view. i assume the apps you speak of do that?
No need, just put your phone in the vr goggles, and get a longer cable for the phone-RC connection. No extra lag, and perfect if you just want to fly freestyle fpv

Can you be more specific with the dongle, and charging pack? Maybe some Amazon links if you could. Just bought a Mavic Mini and at first online it said that the Mavic Mini was incompatible with FPV but that might have just been talking about the Mavic goggles.

Also is the female to female HDMI adapter just for extra range for the cord?

Thanks in advance.

Can you be more specific with the dongle, and charging pack? Maybe some Amazon links if you could. Just bought a Mavic Mini and at first online it said that the Mavic Mini was incompatible with FPV but that might have just been talking about the Mavic goggles.

Also is the female to female HDMI adapter just for extra range for the cord?

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend that you just get vr goggles:

But, so you know, there are now several ways to fly fpv with the mavic mini. One is with a tablet that has an hdmi port and to mirror the screen to the Yuneec Typhoon goggles. Another is to use the dongle and mirror your phone's screen to the goggles. If you go to this video (
) you can see the links in the description for the dongle and charging pack. The adapter was used because the end of the dongle is hdmi male, and the goggles have a micro-hdmi port. But, for no lag, and now that we have Litchi compatibility for the Mavic Mini, vr goggles are the way to go.

Reactions: ScreamingEagle
I would recommend that you just get vr goggles:

But, so you know, there are now several ways to fly fpv with the mavic mini. One is with a tablet that has an hdmi port and to mirror the screen to the Yuneec Typhoon goggles. Another is to use the dongle and mirror your phone's screen to the goggles. If you go to this video (
) you can see the links in the description for the dongle and charging pack. The adapter was used because the end of the dongle is hdmi male, and the goggles have a micro-hdmi port. But, for no lag, and now that we have Litchi compatibility for the Mavic Mini, vr goggles are the way to go.

Awesome, i’m going to look into this and see what i can find thanks for the help! If i’m going to buy a VR headset then i mine as well get a better one to play VR games on. Would any VR headset work with this setup as long as it had the right ports? let’s say an Oculos rift?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.