Best Display for Phantom 4 Pro

An IPad Mini 4 and IPad Mini 5 have both worked great on my P4P 2.0. That said, I have never been an Apple fan. I have used Samsung tablets for years and use one as my everyday tablet. I just prefer IPad minis for drones.

Last edited:
Reactions: ron-ep
There is no best display. You can find what other people are using here.

An IPad Mini 4 and IPad Mini 5 have both worked great on my P4P 2.0. That said, I have never been an Apple fan. I have used Samsung tablets for years and use one as my everyday tablet. I just prefer IPad minis for drones.

I think @Ranger82 was in my head as I was typing and beat me to my own response. My thoughts exactly. I'm Android all the way but for my DJI drones Apple, specifically iPad mini 2019 model is the best. Anti glare screen protector and you're good to go. I think it's because there's so many Android devices/versions across different brands that DJI has to overcome compatibility issues with each one. Apple just has 1 model well 3 now each release. There's even apps that are only on the App store and only for the iPad that's not available to Android users. An app like DJI Groundstation Pro isn't even available on Android. Now, I can tell you that you will get conflicting info on this topic. Everyone will swear by their own device preference. Just experiment and see which one meets your needs/wants and more importantly allows you to just enjoy flying your quad.

Good luck to ya

Thanks for the advice! Will look into them.

I think @Ranger82 was in my head as I was typing and beat me to my own response. My thoughts exactly. I'm Android all the way but for my DJI drones Apple, specifically iPad mini 2019 model is the best. Anti glare screen protector and you're good to go. I think it's because there's so many Android devices/versions across different brands that DJI has to overcome compatibility issues with each one. Apple just has 1 model well 3 now each release. There's even apps that are only on the App store and only for the iPad that's not available to Android users. An app like DJI Groundstation Pro isn't even available on Android. Now, I can tell you that you will get conflicting info on this topic. Everyone will swear by their own device preference. Just experiment and see which one meets your needs/wants and more importantly allows you to just enjoy flying your quad.

Good luck to ya
Sounds like Apple is the way to go for this...was thinking to get the module to change the display screen to a crystal sky or something of that nature but I'm now understanding the platform/OS may not allow for much room to play.
Thanks for the help.

I'm using a CrystalSky 7.85" high brightness display.
No issues. The extra brightness really helps in viewing the display.

I'm using a CrystalSky 7.85" high brightness display.
No issues. The extra brightness really helps in viewing the display.
What type of quad are you using? I've heard that on the P4 I'd need to change out the module for the HDMI output.

Attachments

• BAB46C90-DC59-4A32-9482-A9EE41D24DA5.jpeg
    BAB46C90-DC59-4A32-9482-A9EE41D24DA5.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 218
  • E734B0E5-1C34-43D3-A645-6D2B3CB75FD4.jpeg
    E734B0E5-1C34-43D3-A645-6D2B3CB75FD4.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 2CF35E4A-B66F-4107-B213-154DC25C8CB7.jpeg
    2CF35E4A-B66F-4107-B213-154DC25C8CB7.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: Vinci
Sounds like Apple is the way to go for this...
Many Apple users would strongly suggest that, but there are plenty of Android options that are at least as good if you wanted to go that way.
was thinking to get the module to change the display screen to a crystal sky or something of that nature but I'm now understanding the platform/OS may not allow for much room to play.
If you are meaning the + controller with the integrated screen, many users are happy with the convenience and brightness.
On the negative side, the screen is small and it's a closed system so you cannot load any 3rd party apps.

Reactions: Vinci
I live in the desert. Usually cloudless and bright sunny days here. I basically base everything on how many Nits they have. CrystalSky (2000nits) would be my choice if I could afford it. So for now, I'm happy with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ (1020nits).

Reactions: D0CT0R and Vinci
I live in the desert. Usually cloudless and bright sunny days here. I basically base everything on how many Nits they have. CrystalSky (2000nits) would be my choice if I could afford it. So for now, I'm happy with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ (1020nits).
Trying to step away from using my phone as I'd like to look professional in the event I get a private job. I'm hearing good things about the crystal sky but as it's a closed platform no 3rd party apps can be installed. Therein lays a slight dilemma for me.

Reactions: Cavepig7 and ron-ep
Many Apple users would strongly suggest that, but there are plenty of Android options that are at least as good if you wanted to go that way.

If you are meaning the + controller with the integrated screen, many users are happy with the convenience and brightness.
On the negative side, the screen is small and it's a closed system so you cannot load any 3rd party apps.
I was talking about the crystal sky OR another device of similar nature i.e. FeelWorlds 7 inch display monitor. It would seem you can't upload 3rd party apps on that system either. My best (affordable) bet would be the iPad mini 4 as I'm seeing good reviews on it and the compatibility as well as ability to load apps may just come in handy.

Don't own Apple anything! Flew with Samsung tablet. Was having video lag troubles off and on. Read here of using an Apple Mini 4. Got one and the difference is amazing!!
This honestly seems like the best way to go from what I'm reading here.
Thanks for the input.

Crystalsky 7,85'' or the 5,5'' high brightness, i tried everything else iphones , ipads etc the crystalsky is the best for me.

Don't own Apple anything! Flew with Samsung tablet. Was having video lag troubles off and on. Read here of using an Apple Mini 4. Got one and the difference is amazing!!

The very same thing happened with the Tab S2 so I bit the bullet and got the mini and have not looked back. That said, I have not tried my Tab S4 nor my Note 8 with my P4P 2.O. I have used Samsung products for a number of years (and continue to do so for everyday things) and I'm hardly an Apple fanboy.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic