Best camera settings

Reaction score
I've only flew my Phantom 3 Pro a few times. Every video I've shot has been laggy when I review them on my computer. I have a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microsd card with has a 48mb/s read speed. I have the camera settings set at the highest quality allowed and have been recording in MOV. I've googled and searched this board for an answer but couldn't find anything. Also, does the camera record sound? I don't have any sound on the videos.

That card is too slow. It only writes at ~13MB/s. Here are some 64GB cards that'll work:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/#MemoryCards

The Phantom comes with a memory card that writes at 40MB/s, so I wouldn't go with anything less than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: canecop
What are your monitor and computer specs that you are reviewing the video on?

What are your monitor and computer specs that you are reviewing the video on?

I'm not exactly sure on my video card specs. I know I upgraded my video card a year ago. It basically runs a lot of video intensive games and my computer is a 128 GB SSD with 8 GB RAM. I guess it's just my card as stated in the other response.

Are you transferring the videos onto your computer first before watching, or are you watching directly off of the sd card?

Are you transferring the videos onto your computer first before watching, or are you watching directly off of the sd card?

I tried it both ways with the same result. Is it better to record in MOV or MP4?

reencode it at 1080P. If it disappears, likely it's your playback device. I have the sandisk 64 ultra. Works fine.

Reactions: canecop
Ok, I ran some tests. I switched out the Sandisk and put in the card that came with the Phantom. I tested it on the highest 4k resolution, then I lowered my video resolution to the second best 4k (I can't remember the exact setting) and recorded in .MOV. I tested it for 2 min, then switched to the next lowest which was 1080p, I think I put it at 50 frames a sec and recorded for 1 minute as .MOV and another minute as MP4. The only one that came out without being so choppy is the last setting, the 1080p on MP4 running with VLC on my computer. I have a 128GB SSD hard drive 3.6 GHZ processor and a AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series video card. Even at the 1080p setting it was still a little choppy, no where near as smooth as the videos I've seen online. What's the point of having a upgraded 4k camera when I can see the videos. Anyone else having any similar problems?

Might be your video card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on your specs, I'd say something is wrong with your computer on the software side. You should be playing 4k video without a problem. My iMac has slightly lower specs than your computer, and it plays and edits 4k just fine.

My video card is an AMD 6970M. I do have 16gb of ram though, but I can't imagine needing that much ram just to playback 1080p video without problems.

It must be my computer. I flew around and recorded on all four resolutions in MP4 and then put them on my MacBook Air and the highest 4k was a little choppy but not bad but the others were fine.

Try MPC-Media Player....4k files play back fine on my laptop (file dimensions 3840x2160) I will also try the higher 4k setting and report back in a few.

Also I'm wondering if the "lack" of audio in the file is making certain apps not "like" them

Also I have k-Lite codec pack installed and they may make a difference for you too

Try MPC-Media Player....4k files play back fine on my laptop (file dimensions 3840x2160) I will also try the higher 4k setting and report back in a few.

Also I'm wondering if the "lack" of audio in the file is making certain apps not "like" them

Also I have k-Lite codec pack installed and they may make a difference for you too

Thanks, I downloaded MPC and it is definitely smoother and overall better than VLC or Quicktime. The highest resolution video is still a little choppy but much, much better. I'm downloading the codec pack now. Thanks.

Thanks, I downloaded MPC and it is definitely smoother and overall better than VLC or Quicktime. The highest resolution video is still a little choppy but much, much better. I'm downloading the codec pack now. Thanks.
No problems. ...hope it all works out for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic