Best backpack for P4

Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering what the best backpacks are for the P4. I'm not looking for a hard case and I'm also looking at adding a range extender to my controller so will have to take this into account.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Dronecrates Phantom 4 backpack, it is what I have and I absolutely love it. The only other option at the moment for water jet cut foam is from GoProfessional, their special edition version is made with the 5.11 rush 72 backpack. I got the Dronecrates over the GoProfessional because I do not like the "Stuff It" pocket on the Rush 72 pack. I can carry all of my stuff in one backpack, you can read my review on their website:
DJI Phantom 4 Backpack

Reactions: Suhail78
There are a lot of different backpacks available. The best one for you really depends on your needs. I have a list of commonly used backpacks here.

There are a lot of different backpacks available. The best one for you really depends on your needs. I have a list of commonly used backpacks here.
not a very comprehensive list if the Dronecrates pack is not listed :(

No worries. I added it ;)

Reactions: Sinisalo
I just got the Think Tank Airport Helipak. It's perfect for travel as its carry on size and there is enough space in there for a Laptop, Tablet, cameras ect And the drone of course lol. Very very impressed!
59df4580c790df4df730a91e32d538ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Kyle Martin
I just got the Think Tank Airport Helipak. It's perfect for travel as its carry on size and there is enough space in there for a Laptop, Tablet, cameras ect And the drone of course lol. Very very impressed!
59df4580c790df4df730a91e32d538ff.jpg

this is what I'm shooting for where did you buy

I have the Think Tank Heliport too, available on Amazon. It's very nice, and reconfigurable inside, so when the P5 comes out, it will likely fit OK like my P3 and P4. It offers more room inside than anything I've seen, yet withing the carry-on spec for most airlines. It even has enough room for a point and shoot camera, go pro, and other gear. LOTS of room. However the Heliport is rather expensive, over $200. Although I don't have one, the ProCraft clone that looks a lot like the Think Tank heliport looks like a better value. Both have waist belts but the ProCraft doesn't sport 2 handles like TTHeliport, just the one on the top.

Dronecrates Phantom 4 backpack, it is what I have and I absolutely love it. The only other option at the moment for water jet cut foam is from GoProfessional, their special edition version is made with the 5.11 rush 72 backpack. I got the Dronecrates over the GoProfessional because I do not like the "Stuff It" pocket on the Rush 72 pack. I can carry all of my stuff in one backpack, you can read my review on their website:
DJI Phantom 4 Backpack
I want this backpack but I have a lot of concern over how the motors stick up over the foam and the bag closes down onto the motors.. So like all the accessories you put into the zipper pouches inside would push down into the motors when zipped closed.

How do you feel about this?

I want this backpack but I have a lot of concern over how the motors stick up over the foam and the bag closes down onto the motors.. So like all the accessories you put into the zipper pouches inside would push down into the motors when zipped closed.

How do you feel about this?

at first I was concerned about that too, it really isn't an issue though unless you sit on the bag or stack stuff on top of it which I never do. The motors are not that much higher than the batteries so they all share the weight of the outside zipper pocket items. It is everything I need in a backpack and then some. The GoProfessional backpack is the same way, I haven't heard of any complaints from anyone who owns either one.

Last edited:
Dnt buy the sleeve style that just covers ur original dji grey case. My back hurts aftr a day wid it

at first I was concerned about that too, it really isn't an issue though unless you sit on the bag or stack stuff on top of it which I never do. The motors are not that much higher than the batteries so they all share the weight of the outside zipper pocket items. It is everything I need in a backpack and then some. The GoProfessional backpack is the same way, I haven't heard of any complaints from anyone who owns either one.

I agree, no issue so far. Of course it is a backpack and not a hard case so if you treat it accordingly you should have no trouble. The one on the left is the 5.11 Rush 72 bag with the P3P, also a good alternative but a little more expensive. I still use the styrofoam case when I am not going far to fly and don't need all my accessories. The microraptor combination hard case/backpack is also a good option.

I agree, no issue so far. Of course it is a backpack and not a hard case so if you treat it accordingly you should have no trouble. The one on the left is the 5.11 Rush 72 bag with the P3P, also a good alternative but a little more expensive. I still use the styrofoam case when I am not going far to fly and don't need all my accessories. The microraptor combination hard case/backpack is also a good option.
Thinking of selling my lowepro aw450 I got an amazing deal on at microcenter to get the drone crates but the lowepro has a reinforced shell can't withstand sitting on it but if it tumbled over it would protect the drone

Thinking of selling my lowepro aw450 I got an amazing deal on at microcenter to get the drone crates but the lowepro has a reinforced shell can't withstand sitting on it but if it tumbled over it would protect the drone

I have a sun shade I made out of plexiglass in the outer pocket, I like to think that if I fell with my Dronecrates backpack on that the plexiglass would evenly distribute the force. If the backpack just tumbles over I don't think you would need any reinforcement though. I also have a take-off plate I made out of plexiglass so my gimbal wont get jammed up in tall grass, if you put one of those in the outer pocket you should be good to go.

Dnt buy the sleeve style that just covers ur original dji grey case. My back hurts aftr a day wid it
Do you have a link for this one?

I won't be using it for hiking or carrying it that much so not a problem.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I picked up a cheap Anbee quadcopter backpack from Amazon(cheap but well reviewed for the Phantoms). It took a week or two to arrive from China, but I'm very impressed with what 50 euro can get you :)

I actually wanted this backpack not because of the price, but because it's small and looks just like any other pack you might see someone walking around with. Nobody would know it could hold a quad copter just looking at it. It took a few mins to sort out the padding to fit the P4 and a few batteries and accessories, but once done that’s it. The quadcopter holding section actually opens from the back, which I thought was weird at first, but it works well.

I would say it’s perfectly fine to walk around with or do some hiking as long as you are aware it isn’t a hard shell case and just not throw it about too much(it is well padded, but that will only go so far protection wise). It’s got decent padding on the front, back and sides. Just make sure to use some 3D printed or otherwise obtained motor covers to protect the motors and bag.

I did use a pen to black out the red logo as it’s not to my taste.

Plenty of room in the bag for some food and snacks if out and about. And two pouches on the sides for bottles.

Ok, that’s enough text about a 50 euro bag :)

Link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XU6R5EK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Madkant
I think there are many backpacks out there and it depends on the specific needs of everyone. I have the MC Cases (www.mc-cases.com) Backpack, precised HD foam and watercut + milled foam. Many compartments within the foam and within the backpack itself.

20160331_135309.jpg

image.jpg

5_getragen.png

F_cher.jpg

I think there are many backpacks out there and it depends on the specific needs of everyone. I have the MC Cases (www.mc-cases.com) Backpack, precised HD foam and watercut + milled foam. Many compartments within the foam and within the backpack itself.

20160331_135309.jpg

image.jpg

5_getragen.png

F_cher.jpg
that looks awesome but it only holds 3 batteries +1 in the bird?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic