benefits of taping over the downward sensors

what is the recommend height then over water if I leave the VPS enabled

As was discussed earlier in the "yo yo" post, which his problem turned out to be prop or gimbal guards I believe, the vps does not work well over water, so I turn it off, especially since some of my video is done 1-2 feet off the water and under tree limbs. But if you have no obstructions above you I would say go what ever alt you want and if the sensors start seeing the water surface it will just rise.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If flying over water you can tape over the downward facing cameras as this is what follows the water pattern. This won't create any problems... The ultrasonic sensors determine the height of the craft. That is all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

what is the recommend height then over water if I leave the VPS enabled
You can take it down to about 5-6ft and then it will balloon on you with it enabled. If your moving forward I have found that you can fly at least that low and not have an issue. I guess because it doesnt feel the sonar of the water movement. But when you stop it see it and then balloon up on you. Not a big deal as 6ft is close enough for most shots anyway imo.

Sorry about saying you can disable this in the app... it's clear that you cannot. Welp... happy flying as always

I doubt if you can stop sonic waves by simple taping. These are not light waves.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Taping does work. I have taped the sensors as shown in the video in this discussion. I flew the same area with and without the tape.
Without the tape the P4 would rise several feet. With the tape it did not rise.
I did use black electrical tape. Twice I have had the P4 rise into tree leaves when flying low over water.

Taping does work. I have taped the sensors as shown in the video in this discussion. I flew the same area with and without the tape.
Without the tape the P4 would rise several feet. With the tape it did not rise.
I did use black electrical tape. Twice I have had the P4 rise into tree leaves when flying low over water.

Good to know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31