Bendethera Valley Deau National Park - first video

Reaction score
First video attempt with a Phantom 4. I've done a lot of of film photography in the past and interested in a camera floating around in the sky.

Made this video (first attempt at making a video after flying a couple of times) for family and friends who would like to see Bendethera Valley, a remote site in the Deau NP (NSW) that's only accessible by 4WD.

Very early days in the world of drones, but a lot of fun so far.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: ftttu
I have read that you are supposed to obtain permition from park management.
I think this would be OK as long as it's not just an automatic "no"every where you go.
National parks in Australia are mostly huge so to me if your not spoilng other people's experience or endangering anyone I can't see a problem but you know how beaurocratic Austrailia has become .Be aware of extreme fire periods as well.

I actually spoke to the Ranger from Deau NP. She was very laid back and said as long as I email her ahead of going into the park with the drone it's okay. I sent her the footage and she said it was clear I wasn't buzzing roos, or other campers etc. As always, it's the irresponsible idiots who will end up getting further restrictions in place I'm afraid.

That's good to hear.If that's going to be the normal response .Quite reasonable really .
We are at Byron Bay walking at BrokenHead beach ,a NP area I was wondering whether you cold get permission to fly here .( I don't have my P3 with me) .
I have watched light planes and Small tour helicopters fly along the beach at 50 m or so now and then so maybe not ?
Sad really when I was younger walking on a beach I wouldn't have been thinking about drones .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers