Beginner phantom 3 crasher (pilot) advice on range extender

Reaction score
Please can anyone advise me on the best range extender I can buy for my phantom 3 standard. I know about the magic power 5 thing but is it worth upgrading the control aerial. And and other upgrades I can do to get more out of my phantom 3 standard.

Reactions: dirkclod
Try a search on this site for your subject. Plenty to read.
0CD13414-1DE5-4A57-8136-10A7E9DA80A4.png

Reactions: Capt KO and RodPad
I use itelite panels on all my WiFi phantoms and suit me well.and as Starz said a search will show you lots of other
options. Start in this section
and that will help.
Welcome to the forum.

I use itelite panels on all my WiFi phantoms and suit me well.and as Starz said a search will show you lots of other
and that will help.
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks very much I think using magic 5 will be helpful to I only found this out yesterday lol lot to learn

Reactions: RodPad and dirkclod
and that will help.
Welcome to the forum.
+1 on the Itelite panels for the R/C. Much better range and signal strength than the stock r/c. Many standard owners have good results with windsurfers too. Good luck !

Last edited:
Please can anyone advise me on the best range extender I can buy for my phantom 3 standard. I know about the magic power 5 thing but is it worth upgrading the control aerial. And and other upgrades I can do to get more out of my phantom 3 standard.
My understanding of the magic power mod was that it only increases the video link signal and not range ? Maybe I've got it wrong, I'll have to have another read. Link added.

Yep, just video.

You must have got a used P3S?
Before you jump in changing / modding things, do you have a distance problem now?

Rod

Yeah I do it lost signal and has week signal alerts all the time. I have now fixed the problems but now I have another drama I have gimble overload warnings and when I turn it on it goes crazy. I have searched the net I have allied the shaft of the motor a common easy fix but it’s not that that is overloading the pitch motor is getting really hot I have replaced the ribbon. Please help

Yeah I do it lost signal and has week signal alerts all the time. I have now fixed the problems but now I have another drama I have gimble overload warnings and when I turn it on it goes crazy. I have searched the net I have allied the shaft of the motor a common easy fix but it’s not that that is overloading the pitch motor is getting really hot I have replaced the ribbon. Please help

There can be several factors that come into play with signal lost;
1. surrounding terrain
2. other strong wifi interference (houses, business, power lines)
giving more detail information would allow several more experience people on here to offer more help. Nothing worse than throwing good money out the window.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic