Beep of Actual Death

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem and would appreciate some advice.

My phantom hasn't been behaving very well recently. I updated the firmware, turned it off and now it emits and never ending beep.

I KNOW THAT FORMATTING THE CARD WORKS FOR SOME PEOPLE, I have tried that but it does not work for me. I have now run down two full batteries from full to empty as the machine beeps at me while switching between red and green flashes followed by quick green flashes then back to red green. I know patience and 20 minutes might have worked for you but it's been 6 hours now between the two batteries and nothing is changing. It just beeps away.

A little background on my phantom: It had a collision 1 year ago, hit a tree and broke the ribbon and yaw arm. I replaced both of those and it worked fine. Before I tried to update the firmware it was not behaving very well. Random warnings like low voltage would spring up, and it would have great difficulty connecting with the camera. I am at a loss as to what else I can try and am thinking I may need to buy a new one which would suck massively.

Please advise,

Sincerely,

Evan

Reactions: Smallz
In all cases I've heard of, and there's plenty of this on the official DJI forums, the beeping is always this: your firmware update did not succeed. The most common reason: stopped it before it was done.

Solution: do it again. Do it the old way: put the .BIN file on the card, card in the craft, turn on the craft and let it beep.

Trick: put it in a part of the house where the beeping is the least annoying and leave it there, probably at least 30 minutes. When it is done, it will still be beeping and making sounds, but the LED on the front of the gimbal will have stopped flashing red/green and now will be a solid green (or if flashing, green only without red).

Then turn off, put the SD card back in your reader connected to your computer, read the .TXT file at the root of the SD card, scroll down to the bottom, and look for 'success'.

Reactions: Falcon900
Try this:

1) Charge the Phantom battery.
2) Delete all files on the memory card.
3) Place the BIN file in the root of the memory card.
4) Insert the memory card into your Phantom.
5) Power on your Phantom.
6) Let it run for at least an hour.

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your answers. Let me clarify once again what I've already done.

1) Formatted memory card
2) Placed BIN file in root directory
3) Fully charged battery
4) Placed memory card into DJI Phantom
5) Allowed run uninterrupted until battery eventually died (took approximately 3 hours)
6) Checked memory card in PC to find: No .txt file has been created. There is an extra calibration file and evidence that the DJI has done SOMETHING to the card however.
7) Tried with another battery
8) Tried with another memory card
9) Cried and held my Phantom's dead body
10) Tried connecting via DJI GO app in desperation: no success
11) Turned to boards lost, helpless and alone

Thanks again

Evan

Sorry about #9. I don't know the answer but I'd try updating one more time. If that won't do it, contact DJI support and hope you get someone knowledgeable on the other end.

Reactions: TheGreatHuman
This won't make any sense and I will never understand it, but once I had a like issue and I did just like others have suggested, except about 20 minutes into the waiting I powered on the RC and almost instantly the AC completed the update. I told you it wouldn't make sense, but is was as if the AC was waiting for a reply from the RC. What have you got yo lose at this point.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for all the replies.

Msinger, the current BIN I am trying with is called P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin as I have tried several different BINs and this was an old one that had worked previously.

I have also tried with P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin and P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin hoping something would give

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Multicoptertec, I have the professional and have been using the appropriate professional model firmware.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Traveler, thanks for the suggestion. SSadly I have already tried that to no avail. You're right, I have nothing left to lose at this point. Incredibly frustrating stuff

Evan

If the Phantom is able to write to the SD card, there should be a text file in the LOGS folder, which may be hidden. That file may shed some light on what failed during the upgrade. Hate to say this, but in every case like this, I have had to replace the gimbal/cam assy due to bad boards. You can buy cables, etc, but not the boards (gimbal main board) unless you happen to find one used.

Last edited:
The LOG folder is here:
Update hidden log.PNG

To see it on a PC, you need to enable display of hidden folders. This is the example for a P3P.
There are more info in this log file than the pass/fail log file at root.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers