Battery Updates

Reaction score
I've successfully downloaded the new firmware for both the controller and the aircraft with, at this point, little to no issues.

I haven't though, had any alerts to reconfigure/reset any of my batteries. I had seen where if you place a battery in the AC that wasn't the one used during the update, a message pops up in the DJI Go 4 App that says something like "Firmware Inconsistent" . It then asks if you want to update/correct and you just slide to select.

I've never seen that show up yet on my DJI Go 4 app as of yet. Not sure if everyone is suppose to or perhaps I missed something in the original firmware update. Just looking to see if all is OK or I need to go back and change/test something.

Many thanks for any help/suggestions!

Allspice56

Reactions: PapiGordo
I did not get that prompt in Go4 either when I used my other batteries. I then plugged into Assistant 2 with each of my 3 spares and updated them that way. I found this method recommended on the DJI forum.

I haven't though, had any alerts to reconfigure/reset any of my batteries. I had seen where if you place a battery in the AC that wasn't the one used during the update, a message pops up in the DJI Go 4 App that says something like "Firmware Inconsistent".
It sometimes takes 30 seconds or so for that message to appear on the home screen in DJI GO.

P4-Battery-Upgrade-02.jpg

I did not get that prompt in Go4 either when I used my other batteries. I then plugged into Assistant 2 with each of my 3 spares and updated them that way. I found this method recommended on the DJI forum.
Do you mean that with DJI Assistant 2 it will tell you if the battery presently in your drone needs an update and perform it without doing any other updates like the AC?

Do you mean that with DJI Assistant 2 it will tell you if the battery presently in your drone needs an update and perform it without doing any other updates like the AC?

If the battery needs an update, the update button in Assistant will show "Upgrade" instead of "Refresh", same as the A/C firmware.

It sometimes takes 30 seconds or so for that message to appear on the home screen in DJI GO.

View attachment 86213

I probably did not wait long enough to get this prompt. It seems like it was faster to show up in the prior version of GO. That's why I just did it through Assistant 2. I am sure this is correct though, and it's no doubt faster to update via GO 4 than Assistant 2.

I never got that message either and its been a few weeks since I upgraded the firmware on everything else. I'll check tonight with assistant2.

Phantassimo,

Did the prompt ever show up? Just curious. I'm out of town and haven't had a chance to try myself.

Touch base when you can.

Best regards

Allspice56

Allspice56,

just tried connecting it to assistant 2 with all of my batteries and nothing ever came up about battery firmware update. If I ever do see it I'll post here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl