Battery problems ?

Reaction score
Hi just wounding if anyone can help with my battery here’s a pic
IMG_1887.jpg

What do the battery cells look like when the battery is fully charged?

Looks like a bad cell on that particular battery. Not good.

16 charges in thro I’ve drained it down to 5% and going to try to recharge it see what it says fingers crossed and is this normal of such a young battery or is something I could of done wrong I charge it use it till about 20 to 25% then repeat and I’ve emailed dji about it

Reactions: Cellblock776
I wouldn't say it's normal but these batteries are complicated little bits of chemicals and electronics. Sometimes something goes wrong with one and needs to be repaired or replaced. I hope the recharge works for you but it may simply be time to retire it if the recharge doesn't work for you. :(

I have been told by a very experienced fellow RC flier that Li-Po's should never be discharged to below 20% otherwise the battery is a write off.

I did once with a Blade 350 and sure enough ..............................

Right or wrong, I don't know. Maybe I stand to be corrected.

Another thought. I have my 1st warning set at 40 and critical at 20. Could your settings have a detrimental effect on the battery?

I'll stand again to be corrected.:confused:

Last edited:
I’ve drained it down to 5% and going to try to recharge it see what it says
That's really the only thing that can be tried when the cells are out of balance like this. If that does not resolve the issue, DJI will replace it under warranty if the battery is less than 6 months old.

I have been told by a very experienced fellow RC flier that Li-Po's should never be discharged to below 20% otherwise the battery is a write off.

I did once with a Blade 350 and sure enough ..............................

Right or wrong, I don't know. Maybe I stand to be corrected.

Another thought. I have my 1st warning set at 40 and critical at 20. Could your settings have a detrimental effect on the battery?

I'll stand again to be corrected.:confused:
You can run them below 20% if your prepared to take a reduction in cycle count, the battery won’t be rendered unserviceable. The battery monitoring electronics won’t let you deplete an individual cell to the point it is irreversibly damaged.

I see no good reason why you might set the critical battery warning anywhere above the permissible minimum setting. This will prove very inconvenient where the AC might be trying to autoland where you could be flying home.

Reactions: Neon Euc and stu2b2
Right update I’ve recharged it all good there turned her on battery went from 98% to 50% in the matter of the time it took her to warm up
So I’ve come this far [emoji51] I took her up she was flying fine 50 % battery lasted saying that for at least 4 minutes without going down so started bring her back in landed her at 27% and then at 20 % recharge her again after letting the battery cool obviously full charge again the battery was fine all the voltage was fine in my dji go app but after landing uploading my stats on UAV site

I got this look at picture

I got my drone second hand the battery was with it only had 6 charges on it one of witch is the test dji do

I’ve rang the place where I get from second hand and thay have offered me a replacement battery BUT NOT A DJI OEM MODEL ONE I was told by him it will have 12 mouths warranty what do I do
IMG_1895.jpg

Right update I’ve recharged it all good there turned her on battery went from 98% to 50% in the matter of the time it took her to warm up
So I’ve come this far [emoji51] I took her up she was flying fine 50 % battery lasted saying that for at least 4 minutes without going down so started bring her back in landed her at 27% and then at 20 % recharge her again after letting the battery cool obviously full charge again the battery was fine all the voltage was fine in my dji go app but after landing uploading my stats on UAV site

I got this look at picture

I got my drone second hand the battery was with it only had 6 charges on it one of witch is the test dji do

I’ve rang the place where I get from second hand and thay have offered me a replacement battery BUT NOT A DJI OEM MODEL ONE I was told by him it will have 12 mouths warranty what do I do View attachment 96724

IMG_1903.jpg

And today tests still not sure what to do

If you cant get ten minutes plus of flight time with a fully charged battery, you've lost battery capacity for some reason. 15 minutes plus would be a better conservative estimate of a new battery.

IMG_1909.jpg

And today’s flight
Not sure what I’m meant to take from this is my battery fed ???

The bit where you said it was 96% then 50% just by warming up is not good. Surprised you even took it for a quick flight lol. But I would keep that battery just for doing firmware updates and wouldn't fly with it. You bought it 2nd hand and no signs of damage from a crash? All good, but..... What if it was water damaged ? Hard to tell for sure. I personally wouldn't risk it in all fairness

The bit where you said it was 96% then 50% just by warming up is not good. Surprised you even took it for a quick flight lol. But I would keep that battery just for doing firmware updates and wouldn't fly with it. You bought it 2nd hand and no signs of damage from a crash? All good, but..... What if it was water damaged ? Hard to tell for sure. I personally wouldn't risk it in all fairness

Yer it drop to 50 % but it was like it was more it stayed on 50% for ages I’ve took her out 4 times since that and get 19 minutes of full throttle flight per charge

The scary thing is, it may stay at 50% for ages in mid air but the actual battery may actually be at 5% then it would drop from the sky.

The scary thing is, it may stay at 50% for ages in mid air but the actual battery may actually be at 5% then it would drop from the sky.

I think the battery need to be recalibrated hens the drop since that one instance it’s been giving me real readings I’m just not sure if this was just one of them things I might of been doing it wrong it just them readings on the cell went from 5 to 29 back down to 23

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94