Battery overheating

Reaction score
I had my drone sitting outside in its case for about 4 hours today, and i flew it a little bit. Im in florida, and it was fairly warm out. I took it inside eventually and left it in its case for about 40 minutes, and when i opened it to get the sd card i noticed that the drone was warm, and when I took the battery out it was very hot. I used a thermometer gun thing and measured the battery and its temperature was over 100 degrees. It's cooling down right now, but does anyone have any suggestions? Should I still charge it? I'm going on a flight on friday back to my home and I have to take the drone, is it safe to still take the battery on the plane?

Thanks

I had my drone sitting outside in its case for about 4 hours today, and i flew it a little bit. Im in florida, and it was fairly warm out. I took it inside eventually and left it in its case for about 40 minutes, and when i opened it to get the sd card i noticed that the drone was warm, and when I took the battery out it was very hot. I used a thermometer gun thing and measured the battery and its temperature was over 100 degrees. It's cooling down right now, but does anyone have any suggestions? Should I still charge it? I'm going on a flight on friday back to my home and I have to take the drone, is it safe to still take the battery on the plane?

Thanks
Wow hot alright every flight I take batt out straight away,,it can't cool down when still fitted...yep cool down and charge if it's gonna charge it will start charging,,,mine gets pretty warm to,,my battery warning at 20% just so I never over cook it...planes not sure...:)depends on case size apparently....

Thanks
Like the other poster said make sure you're turning the battery off after landing, otherwise it sounds kind of normal to me. The batteries do get hot. Just don't charge them until they're cool.

The batteries won't charge if they are hot so no danger there.
Once it cools down it should charge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20