Battery life and date after deep cycle

Reaction score
hi,

Just wanted to report a couple of things I noticed after deep cycle/discharging my battery , down to 2% as per forum recommendations.

As I was reaching around 25 and 35 battery cycles on my two batteries, I decided it was time for a deep cycle. I had a small deviation on the cells voltage readings: something like 4.28 , 4.27 , 4.27 4.26. So I thought best to align them.

I've noticed 3 things and I m not saying the deep cycle caused it ...but they still happened
1) battery life on one of the two batteries is now on a tragic low of 86% from 97%
2) for some weird reason, the date on each video/picture file is now approximately 1 week in the past
3) the cell voltages are showing even worse alignment for example one sell is 4.28 and the other 4.23

if anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it

thanks a lot

Where did you hear 2%. I don't have extensive LIPO experience prior to the P3, but I think the LIPO old timers would not approve at all of going to 2%. I think they are not even comfortable with the 8% suggested by DJI. You may have ruined your battery, but like I said I don't have extensive experience so I gladly defer to members with more insight.

Reactions: michalip
Where did you hear 2%. I don't have extensive LIPO experience prior to the P3, but I think the LIPO old timers would not approve at all of going to 2%. I think they are not even comfortable with the 8% suggested by DJI. You may have ruined your battery, but like I said I don't have extensive experience so I gladly defer to members with more insight.
Yep, let me try to find that thread and link it

I believe the P3 manual says "to 8%."

Other numbers you might hear from various sources may be better or worse / right or wrong. I think if you're going to make a decision to stray from what the manufacturer recommends, it's at your own risk.

well my bad it seems
I'll test it out tomorrow , had one successful flight with it already . I understand its a risk but it seems i ll take it for now and keep an eye on it

I'll just add...

My P2V manual states that I should deep discharge "below 8%" with no additional comment about how far below. The bulb discharger I use deep discharges my batteries down to 3%. So far I haven't had any problems and the deep discharge did better align the cells. But the P2V batteries are a bit different - they have fewer cells. Also, the P3 is next generation so presumably the engineers knew better than they did in 2013. If I had a P3, I'd be inclined to stop at the level the P3 manual suggests.

Good luck!

Sorry to hijack this thread a little but I have noticed some major deviations on 2 of my batteries .. I posted here Major battery deviations

Is this normal ?? Would a deep cycle help me ?? Any battery experts who wouldn't mind having a quick look would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31