Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery is fully charged but shows 0%?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by sakau2007, Dec 27, 2015.

1. sakau2007

So I have fully charged my battery and when I take it out for a flight, it indicates 0% and when I try to take off, it indicates some sort of battery error. Anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

2. tcope

It's some sort of issue. You need to make some sort of change.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

How old is the battery? Is it damaged? What is the exact message you see in the DJI GO app?

4. TrwilsonP3A

I have two new dji batteries and after having to replace the main board due to an esc error that i got after crashing. So upon startup of the aircraft now the error on the dji go app says battery error and also shows 0% for battery. will not allow camera to work or starting the motors.
    Do you think i should update fw?

5. Avocet

I would consider doing a firmware upgrade on the battery. Many tutorials on how to do that and understand the results. My confidence in a battery like that would begin to fade very easily.

6. N017RW

Well you made a hardware change in replacing a PCB. This is where you should begin to investigate first.
    It would seem likely you have a comm. issue with the batt.
    If it was just a f/w revision you'd likely be prompted but there has to be comm. first.

7. TrwilsonP3A

your right there is a small two wire cable that goes to the 4 little pins near the 2 large blades for the battery connection to a plug that is almost too short to plug in and i guess i was afraid of damaging the connector so that i didn't have it fully seated into the connector. After careful observation and head scratching i decided to go ahead and push it with considerable force and that is when it went click..... No more battery errors.. Starts and fly's again....love it!

Avocet the air craft would not do a firmware update and the only way to update battery fw is to install it in your ac. At least that is my understanding. I may be wrong..
    Thanks guys

8. N017RW

Well done. Enjoy the sense of accomplishment that you fixed it yourself.

TrwilsonP3A likes this.