Battery inflated

Reaction score
I flew just now (hot day: 32 degrees C) and let the drone on the ground for a few minutes to download the pics from the card.

When I wanted to take the battery of the drone, I noticed it was quite hard to do it. When I finally managed, I felt it was inflated...

How can I check if I can still use it?

Thank you in advance for any tip or help?

Attachments

• 731C0336-98B8-4A7F-8CB0-57539260E1B6.jpeg
    731C0336-98B8-4A7F-8CB0-57539260E1B6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 276
One of my DJI batteries is just a bit tighter than others and, When hot, is very hard to remove for about five minutes. Have only one after market. Impossible to remove when warm. Neither are swollen and have low charges. Use them in my old P4 and let them cool before removal. Just habit now with all birds. Hope yours, ok.

One of my DJI batteries is just a bit tighter than others and, When hot, is very hard to remove for about five minutes. Have only one after market. Impossible to remove when warm. Neither are swollen and have low charges. Use them in my old P4 and let them cool before removal. Just habit now with all birds. Hope yours, ok.
Capt if you have to let cool before removing battery then thats a red flag for me when battery is empty I just land & pop another one in I am to afraid of a complete failure from battery to risk my bird

Reactions: Capt KO
Roger that, but those two batteries have done it since new. I only fly them in my old bird because of my concerns also.They fit a tiny better in the p4 than the p4p.

I have one battery that came with the new P3P that has always been difficult to remove, warm or cold. Kinda scares me, cannot see any swelling. Always works just fine.

How many charge cycles?
And one question to consider, would be, is that one hundred dollar battery worth loosing your flying friend over?
That’s exactly why I came to this forum and asked before using it again ;-)

Swelling is a bad sign in LiPo, it’s moments from a failure and possibly a intense fire.

Swelling is a bad sign in LiPo, it’s moments from a failure and possibly a intense fire.
I second that. If there is ANY visible signs of swelling on the battery you need to have it disposed properly. I used to use a lot of Traxxas rc trucks and I used the non intelligent lipos. They are very dangerous!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj