Battery Health / Power Questions

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have had my Phantom 3 Pro since December of last year so therefore I'm not as experienced as a lot of you may be but my questions are of pretty dire concern and actually might really be nothing, however I cannot really find a "straight forward" answer with the research I've done but here I go.

When I fly in the DJI Go app I get messages that say "Propulsion is limited to preserve battery health" or something like that (it goes away to quickly to screen shot) and happens when I'm full throttled up with the right stick. I have switched to Litchi just so I could use my GearVR for FPV flying and the error message isn't showing anymore but its always in the back of my head that my battery(s) are faulty but my beginner brain is to stupid to actually know the specs of how it should manage the power.

I have uploaded some log files to Healthy Drones (pretty new to that as well obviously)

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I see there are a lot of orange and a few red spots within the flight path which reasserts my thoughts of having a bad battery.

I appreciate any and ALL help and information provided to me.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bendix
Nothing wrong. The bird is pretty smart. Like most battery powered devices, the voltage measured can drop some when under heavy drain such as full throttle climbs. When the flight controller senses that voltage drop, it limits the power to the motors to prevent further voltage drop. Like putting a governor on an engine. Once you back off on the throttle and the voltage recovers somewhat, the bird senses that everything is ok and things return to normal. Feature could save a bird if you were getting near the end of the charge and maneuvering like that caused the voltage to drop sooner than expected to critical level and triggered autoland!

Hello everyone, I have had my Phantom 3 Pro since December of last year so therefore I'm not as experienced as a lot of you may be but my questions are of pretty dire concern and actually might really be nothing, however I cannot really find a "straight forward" answer with the research I've done but here I go.

When I fly in the DJI Go app I get messages that say "Propulsion is limited to preserve battery health" or something like that (it goes away to quickly to screen shot) and happens when I'm full throttled up with the right stick. I have switched to Litchi just so I could use my GearVR for FPV flying and the error message isn't showing anymore but its always in the back of my head that my battery(s) are faulty but my beginner brain is to stupid to actually know the specs of how it should manage the power.

I have uploaded some log files to Healthy Drones (pretty new to that as well obviously)

I see there are a lot of orange and a few red spots within the flight path which reasserts my thoughts of having a bad battery.

I appreciate any and ALL help and information provided to me.
Thank you.

AFAIK DJI added that message in the 1.6 firmware update. 1.5 just shuts down mid-air. The goal is to prevent your battery from shutting off mid-flight.

During certain conditions battery is unable to deliver full current and its output is limited to protect battery and its sudden death (internal switch that disconnects battery).

If you don't want to see the message, don't mash the throttle and ascend steeply at the same time. That's normally when you'll see it. There is no need to land when that occurs. Your Phantom is simply telling you it's backing down the intensity a bit.

You really should monitor the battery voltages while in flight. Set the voltages to display and don't allow them turn totally red in color.

Reactions: CrazyEye
Thank you to the replies and the info. Just a bit alarming when it showed up and seeing the maps. I'm glad to know it's in good condition. I'll stay off that throttle as well. Didn't know that it really has a struggle like that to the degree to where I can't max the sticks.I forgot to mention that I do have my voltage displayed and it never goes under 3.2V. Good info however and I will keep it in mind for my future flights. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20