Battery has 3 lights

Reaction score
As the title says.

Worked fine, flew it down to about 30% charged it up fully and it now only shows 3 lights

Tried the old turn it on when connected to charger trick but it won't take anymore charge

Flattened it completely twice and tried charging but it still only charges to 3 lights then stops

In the app it shows as 67% charged and the software shows all 3 cells are pretty much matching.

Is it a failure?

Hey crash,
How many charges on it?
How old is the battery?
And finally, when you press and just hold the battery button ( to see life of battery value ) how many lights do you see?

Possibly burnt out led on bar 4?
Or faulty circuit in battery main board?

I started a theory a couple years ago, as I bought 4 new batteries when I bought my first p2v ( came with2 special, and I bought 2 xtra, I only used 2 ( other 2 never used, never opened , after 1 year my first 2 batteries with minimal use ( 30-40 charges each ) went bad, very close to one another, so I busted out the other 2 new ones to find they were also bad 0 charges. So bought 2 more, year later both bad 1 had 80 charges other had 20, again within 2 weeks apart both bad, now you guessed it 2 more, ina couple months will be a year, both batteries have between 30-50charges each, and still going so waiting to see if the year point hits in august, if they go bad, which will lead me to believe ( programming ( firmware ) forces the fail after 1 year ) so you buy new! Which will really tweak my gears! Up until now I've said just a strange fluke, but we will see! Thought I'd share that with you! I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
I have a buddy who is into rccars, and lipo batteries, I know how to RESET the battery main board, but he is going to refresh and balance each cell in an old battery pack for me, once this is done, I'll reset the board, and see if it comes back to life! If so, maybe I'll pass the knowledge on, so others can enjoy it as well! They are just too darn expensive to keep buying new ones every year! I have 18 now, 8 bad. 10 good. ( p2 batteries ) ... you and dirk willbe the first to know!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
I had one do that and I just put it in and hovered about 2' of the ground for abit and then put it on the charger and it went back to 4. Why...no clue

I once bought one new and it only did the three bar thing too, i tried everything no go , i returned it not worth crashing the drone....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl