P3 Firmware +++battery firmware+++????

Ok just wanted to know that when you buy a new battery for your P3P do you leave the micro SD card which has done the update
As mentioned above, if you leave the firmware on the SD card in the gimbal it will update the battery firmware automatically when you put a new one in that hasn't been updated.

Are they official DJI batteries?
Hi, Just 1 question. Do you remove the file that shows the firmware update was a success or leave it there???
Thanks
John

Hi,
When you set the GPS before each flight does that also set return home place. What i mean is if I take off after setting the GPS and say that will do this flight and hit the return button it will return right where I took off??????????
I'm sorry but I have no clue here
John

Last edited:
Hi Guy's still nothing from DJI about my P3P. I suppose it's because maybe the new P4 release. I did ask my supplier if I could put the P3P warranty to a P4. But because nothing heard I have to wait.
John

John,
Yeah you can remove the success file but it doesn't matter as long as you remove the bin after swapping out all of your batteries. Your home point is only set on takeoff unless your tablet has a cellular modem then you can set it in the air using the OSD. No idea about applying to p4.. Hope so.

Hi Henick,

I suppose I should know all about what to do when the warranty is pasted. I did buy a iPad air 2 with the cellular. But I will set the GPS doing the 360 degrees as norm. I'm new to this stuff and don't want crap it up. That is why I asked.

John

I asked this on the P4 posts. How long do you fly with the controller charged up?? If you have 3 batteries say that 3 flights I think a field charger is recommended. But where would get one of them??
John

Not sure about where to get a field charger I don't use one personally. You're talking about a different thing when you say the 360 thing, that's calibration of your compass, not setting your GPS home point.

Until I have a P3P I don't know. The 360 degrees I should have said holding the Aircraft in front and turning around 360degrees then holding it with the front facing down to the ground and turning 360d degrees that sets the compass yes. As I said until I get mine back I'll get back to you and go from there. The reason i asked about a field charger was to charge the batteries up so you can fly more then if you only had say 2 batteries. So if you use up all the power you only have 2 flies. Not good, unless you are at home that you can charge the used ones up..

Until I have a P3P I don't know. The 360 degrees I should have said holding the Aircraft in front and turning around 360degrees then holding it with the front facing down to the ground and turning 360d degrees that sets the compass yes. As I said until I get mine back I'll get back to you and go from there. The reason i asked about a field charger was to charge the batteries up so you can fly more then if you only had say 2 batteries. So if you use up all the power you only have 2 flies. Not good, unless you are at home that you can charge the used ones up..

I'd just get a couple more batteries. Not sure if I'd trust an aftermarket charger for something so important. I do believe DJI has a car charger though. Just my thought...

I didn't know that GJI had a car charger. I suppose say with 3 batteries you could have a good flying day. Once 1 is flat you put it on the car charger. I think that maybe the way to go. Has any guy bought the car charger??

I checked on the DJI store and they do have a car charger. But I'll have to buy 2 or 3 batteries so when one is charging I can still fly.

I still have not heard from DJI about my warranty claim. Until that happens I not going to do a thing.

John,
Yeah you can remove the success file but it doesn't matter as long as you remove the bin after swapping out all of your batteries. Your home point is only set on takeoff unless your tablet has a cellular modem then you can set it in the air using the OSD. No idea about applying to p4.. Hope so.
I bought a iPad air 2 with cellular and WIFI. so I should be able to set that when I do fly. 3 dam weeks now I have be waiting to hear. The guy said it will be a replacement or a repair. I don't care what way as long as I hear from them.
John

Well Guy's one more week has gone past and nothing heard about my P3P warranty. Does things like this take so long?? Getting sick of waiting. I was going to buy a P4, but with the flying time and battery time i will wait and see if things change.
John

Hi Guy's.
I'm back with a new P3P. I don't know why I did this as a of crap to go through with the busted one. I have had it for about 3 months now and had to save up to buy a iPad air 2 with wi-fi. I dropped the other tablet. A
Anyway my new iPad which I am having trouble get the DJI software into the new iPad. I was thinking to connect the iPad to the transmitter and see if I can down load it that way. I was using the other tablet and was all fine until I dropped the dam thing. Would have cost me more then it was worth.
So guy's help me hear so i can get back into flying my P3P.
Cheers
john

Hi, I did connect the iPad to the controller and found the DJI app go.
Now it tells me I need to upgrade my camera, Aircraft and Battery where does a man get that from. I did do the firmware. But would not do the latest firmware. V01.09.00 60-3.bin.
Cheers
john

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl