P3 Firmware +++battery firmware+++????

Hi, They fixed it for me. But I still have to download the new firmware. But I want to ask is this what I do.
This is what I downloaded P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin Then do I click on it to unzip and add this to the micro card P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin.cpgz this is where I get stuffed up and don't know which one to leave on the micro card. this is what I have on my micro card now P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin I am thinking that this is what I leave on the card and push it into the aircraft and push in Battery and push the start button. Please help me.
Thanks
John

I don't remember which Firmware update I have on, don't think I downloaded the last one. But it is a .bin file. Yours looks correct. Don't forget to update RC also if you haven't.
Ken

Copy the file from the website to your SD card and turn on the phantom. The update will not begin until you disconnect the cable from the computer you used to copy it. Ignore the noises it makes, the gimble light blinks red for about 25m until complete and can make beeping sounds that can be ignored. When the light turns green plug it back into the computer and read the txt file to make sure it says success. Leave the file on the card and begin swapping your batteries until each are updated. Delete the file when done. Update your RC from inside the go app. Done. Make sure you are fully charged before you begin, it will take a good chunk of battery to install.

Oh and do a calibration before flying after any firmware update or major crash. Test calibration for drift with a minute or so of hover before you go far from home.

Last edited:
Reactions: kenjaco2
yes I under stand what I have to do . But not sure on the right file to download into my micro card. I use a micro card adapter and slip the micro card into it and plug it into my USB on my computer.

This is the file I have downloaded and is on my micro card. P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin OR is it this one after I have left clicked on the file this comes up. P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin.cpgz

So I don't know if it is unzipped or not and which one to use.

John

Well I did download the .Bin file. and now the aircraft blink red and green on the battery end, the other 2 lights stay red. Also the gimbal got very hot. So I turned it off and removed the micro card and checked it and it said the firmware was out of date. But I down loaded the latest one so I don't know. Time to put it in th erubish bin I think. I have had so much trouble with this aircraft. Also the supplier said to not update the controller only the aircraft. But it will not do any thing.

Thanks. I left a new post yesterday asking for help about this firmware. Not there a new post. 34 guy's looked at it but no one as left a message letting me know what is wrong. So I'll ring the supplier again today and see what they say. I just added my spare battery but still the same problem. Thanks and have a nice evening.
John

Sorry man just saw this. Red and green alternating blinking light on the gimble is normal. So are strange sounds. Don't worry about the aircraft lights you're worried about the tiny power light on the gimble itself. When done it will blink green. Do not turn anything off if it is blinking red and green because, well firmware updates you shouldn't interrupt. If you do don't worry, restart the craft and restart the process.

Sometimes it'll make loud beeping sounds as it updates that are a bit upsetting. Ignore them all. When the light is green, plug the craft back in and look for a txt file on the root of the SD. It will say success if you're done.

If either, the file says failure or your craft battery dies before the gimble status light stops alternating red and green then you call DJI.

If it helps set the oven timer for 30m.

1.6 took 25m on my p3p -- p3s has 2 different chips on the gimble main board so this may be longer but I assume is based on the total file size of the bin being applied. When in doubt wait till the craft dies. If it can't complete in a single fully charged battery, it is obviously not your problem. If issue persists I would lean toward the validity of the file. Re-download, re-copy and reapply preferably using different card/reader. To try again, charge and restart the craft.

Don't forget to disconnect the cable from the laptop or the update will not start applying.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi Henick,
Thanks for the info. I rang where I bought my P3P from and am taking it to them so they can check it out. First time I did the firmware update all was good until I felt the gimbal which was dam hot. I thought there was some thing wrong. So I turned the aircraft off. But the update only took about 15 mins and the led light was just green.
I did check the SD card and it did say success. But also said that the update was to old. Because I have no iPhone or tablet yet I cannot see any thing to tell me there is a problem. I did let it update for about 30mins but still had the green led light on. So I think I stuff it.

It's ok. Just do it again. Let it cool. Re copy and charge. Let it go until it stops then reboot it and look again.

That's all the dealer is going to do.

Hell with the hot gimble. If it does that it's a warranty issue. If you're worried blow out the fan? (P3p?) With compressed air before updating. If it's a p3s it doesn't have a fan and likely gets hotter and is normal but I don't know personally.

Lemme know how you make out.

Hi John, I noticed you mentioned no phone or tablet? It doesn't have
to be IPhone but I use a Samsung tablet. Using some kind of device will
let you "see" what aircraft see's plus give you height, distance, all kinds of
info. Would suggest you get a decent one. I started with a $49 special,
not so much. Now I use Samsung sm-t700 with great resolution, can see great.
Ken

Pilot Wings hope it all went well for you.
Ken, My son has a tablet that he bought from the Alda store here in New South Wales and said I could have a loan of it until I buy mine.it's ONIX. Do I go to google and click on DJI-GO.apk and download to get it to work on my P3P???????????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20