Battery drains extremely quickly... ON MY PHONE

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been happy with the battery life on my Phantom 3 standard remote and the battery life on the quad copter is satisfactory as well. For whatever reason the app. seems to guzzle juice on my iPhone (5S) battery. I've noticed on some videos that people have a cord connected from their remote to their phone. Is that to keep the phone charged? I had thought about purchasing a third battery but if my phone's battery drains from 100% to around 15% over the course of 2 batteries, there's no point in by a third quad battery . . .

thanks
iosman

Last edited:

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I've noticed on some videos that people have a cord connected from their remote to their phone. Is that to keep the phone charged?
No. It is for data transfer. The Standard does not use USB. It is wi-fi only.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
PhantomHelp.com
Since the Lightning port is not being used on your phone, you could connect it to a power bank to charge it while you fly. You can find lots of power banks here on Amazon.

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been happy with the battery life on my Phantom 3 standard remote and the battery life on the quad copter is satisfactory as well. For whatever reason the app. seems to guzzle juice on my iPhone (5S) battery. I've noticed on some videos that people have a cord connected from their remote to their phone. Is that to keep the phone charged? I had thought about purchasing a third battery but if my phone's battery drains from 100% to around 15% over the course of 2 batteries, there's no point in by a third quad battery.

thanks
iosman
The reason is because the Go app is doing a lot on your phone. It takes substantial computing power, video power, and thus battery power. If it doesn't meet your needs then you need to either get the battery replaced in your device or get a different device with enough power to get through the time you require.

Reaction score
Your iPhone 5S is an older phone so the battery my not be holding a charge as long as it used to especially when running power hungry demanding apps. Another option would be to buy a battery case for your iPhone. There are many on Amazon for good prices. I did this with my previous iPhone 7 and it worked very well.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparkyork