Battery Defective

Reaction score
Hi group,

While in flight, the Klaxon alarm has gone off twice now at or around the 70% battery level. After it alarms, it begins to auto descend regardless of any throttle input... I cycled the battery at 20 flights per DJI's recommendation in the manual - it only has 24 flights on the battery. I'm assuming this battery is defective as Cell 2 Voltage (compared to 1 & 3) is a clear indication that it is.

This is the battery that came w/the Vision Plus when I purchased it.

Thanks,
Ron

Attachments

• Cell 2 Abnormal.jpg
    Cell 2 Abnormal.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 381
Geert said:
rbarghini said:
Hi group,

While in flight, the Klaxon alarm has gone off twice now at or around the 70% battery level. After it alarms, it begins to auto descend regardless of any throttle input... I cycled the battery at 20 flights per DJI's recommendation in the manual - it only has 24 flights on the battery. I'm assuming this battery is defective as Cell 2 Voltage (compared to 1 & 3) is a clear indication that it is.

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Don't worry, you are not the only one. Many of us had this problem, there were several topics about these batteries already.
The good news is that DJI is aware about this and that they will replace these batteries.
You should contact your dealer and ask for replacement.
In case the dealer refuse to give you a new battery you write email to DJI, attach a screen pic from the defective battery and explain the situation.
DJI will contact the dealer and tell him to replace the battery. (unfortunately that was my case)

Geert./.

Thanks Geert and Dirty Bird for the quick response! I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one w/this issue. This is my first real problem that I've had so far between my P2V and P2V+.

I will be sure to contact DJI for a replacement.

Thanks,
Ron

Update - I mailed in my defective battery on July 18 and nearly two months later, I finally receive the below message stating they're sending me a replacement battery free of charge.

Alex R. (DJI Technology)

Sep 17 09:11

Your PHANTOM 2 BATTERY unit has been replaced new. You will not be charged for this replacement and we are sending your unit to our shipping department. You will receive a tracking number once it is shipped.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

DJI North America
Lead Technician

rbarghini said:
Hi group,

Thanks,
Ron

I see your not flying the newest firmware as the low battery settings are no longer adjustable :roll:

skyhighdiver said:
rbarghini said:
Hi group,

Thanks,
Ron

I see your not flying the newest firmware as the low battery settings are no longer adjustable :roll:

skyhighdiver,

My initial post was made on 7-4-14, so of course I didn't have the newest firmware - it wasn't made available then! Duh :roll:

...and it's you're, not your :roll:

rbarghini said:
skyhighdiver said:
rbarghini said:
Hi group,

Thanks,
Ron

Sending my 40 flight battery in with puffy and auto land at 20-35% hoping for the best :cry:

skyhighdiver,

My initial post was made on 7-4-14, so of course I didn't have the newest firmware - it wasn't made available then! Duh :roll:

...and it's you're, not your :roll:

Duh my bad just was reading the post not the date sorry :oops:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub