Battery Cost-benefit

Reaction score
Hi,

The high caacity battery is twice the price of the lower capacity, only has 8% more capacity, and maybe gives you 3 minutes more flight time?

Is it REALLY worth the xtra money, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

SC

The high capacity battery is twice the price of the lower capacity, only has 8% more capacity, and maybe gives you 3 minutes more flight time?
Is it REALLY worth the xtra money, or am I missing something?
The extra 3 minutes is good to have when you need it but for a lot of flying it's not important.
They must have reduced the price of the original batteries.
Sounds like a chance to get some cheap batteries.

The high caacity battery is twice the price of the lower capacity
At that price, it's definitely not worth it.

A brand new high capacity battery (5870 mAh) should only cost about $10 - $30 more than the lower capacity (5350 mAh) battery. Here are a few places that currently have good deals on these batteries:

Last edited:
I think Meta4 hit the nail on the head in that the answer is... it's worth it if you don't mind spending the money and need an extra 3 minutes. It simply comes down to your finances and need. Perhaps some people need that extra 3 minutes for some reason so the extra money is worth it. I'd agree and say that most people don't need it under normal flying conditions. Or perhaps they only need one or two of the better batteries and then just use the normal batteries.

Nope... not worth the extra $$$. I bought one when I first got my P4 but returned it when I found much cheaper on Amazon.ca for $170CAD. The one that would have given me 3 more minutes of flight time would have cost me $235CAD with tax.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I do some long flights over water and the extra time helps. I have two extra capacity batteries and five 5350’s batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31