Basic fly safe database update - Pop Up

I am not going to update my software, as a friend of mine just updated, and now can't fly she has to get a 3 day pass, how can you bypass the geofencing??

Len
LenJ: help me understand... Your friend "can't fly" and is frustrated she needs to get a pass...
Is the restriction valid? Or in error?
If valid, are you suggesting you'd avoid the update to avoid being told you shouldn't fly somewhere?
Update or not, wouldn't the restriction apply to that location?

LenJ: help me understand... Your friend "can't fly" and is frustrated she needs to get a pass...
Is the restriction valid? Or in error?
If valid, are you suggesting you'd avoid the update to avoid being told you shouldn't fly somewhere?
Update or not, wouldn't the restriction apply to that location?
I get a fly with caution, I am just outside a restricted area not really busy, she has to get a pass to fly which lasts 3 days..

A geofence will not stop that, it can be bypassed. Even if you get LAANC clearance for an area you have to bypass DJI’s geofence in the software. The geofence only adds a layer of annoyance for law abiding pilots and does nothing to stop those that wish to break it. It only gives DJI an out should a lawsuit result from an incident.
I agree. However, even that hypothetical DJI out, should a lawsuit result, is very dubious. It's more a matter of appearing proactive and pretending to be concerned about aviation safety, while advertising 6 mile control ranges, while VLOS is still the official rule. A bit hypocritical, eh? ;)

Reactions: DoomMeister
I am not going to update my software, as a friend of mine just updated, and now can't fly she has to get a 3 day pass, how can you bypass the geofencing??

Len
Bypassing is applying to DJI to override the geofence as your friend does. I am not referring to a clandestine way to overcome the geofence, although there are ways to do such.

it appears this topic has gotten off track. Does anyone have a solution to my initial questions?

it appears this topic has gotten off track. Does anyone have a solution to my initial questions?
You asked about updates and that has been covered with no connection your controller needs binded with drone again happens when not used for a while

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan