Bag to fit phantom AND dSLR and a couple of lenses? Does it exist?

Reaction score
Been looking around for a while and it seems that no one makes a drone bag that also carries a reasonable amount of other stuff?

I checked out the manfrotto, but the room for extra gear is tiny.

I'm a working professional photog, and it would be nice to be able to pack a P4P and say a dSLR body and 3 lenses at least on some jobs I do? Can anyone guide me to something I've missed?

Thanks
Rob

I have a DroneGuard 450 AW from LowePro that fits AC, RC, 3 batteries, one charger, props (off) and filters. I imagine there's room for a DSLR and 2 lenses as well, which is why I bought it. Though, they might benefit from some cloth wrapped around them during transportating.

Very happy with the bag. Though, the P4P fits so snugly it's just a tad annoying pulling it out and putting it in. But a minor thing, with some technique you get used to it.

For now I haven't looked into dedicated drone bags, but here's how I plan to do for myself :

I'm most of the time carrying two DSLR (Canon 550D and 70D), with 4 lenses (two mounted), extension rings, macro flash, extra batteries, and other small stuff.
I've had a small lowerpro for years, but now that I'm doing longer walks, I felt like I needed a real backpack - with a lot of room to carry extra stuff (clothes, food) in case you are leaving for a couple of days.

Before buying the drone I was planning on buying a Fstopgear "moutain" backpack, which are really great in my opinion.
They have dedicated internal units for photographers, that can be attached inside the bottom of the backpack, and is easy to access when backpack is on your back.

Thing is you can buy several different internal units, with differents sizes. I plan on taking the 50L backpack and I'm confident enought that with the right internal unit, the DJI p4p case will fit on the top of it !

TL;DR : I think of buying a large moutain backpack that will carry both my DSLR and the DJI p4p case, plus a bunch of other stuff !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie