B&H Halting Sales of All H3-3D Gimbals

Reaction score
All of a sudden, B&H has pulled the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and the Phantom 2 Bundled with H3-3D. Both are listed 'This Item Is Not For Sale'
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1042318-REG/dji_p2h33d_phantom_2_quadcopter_with.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1042174-REG/dji_zenmuse_h3_3d_3_axis_gimbal.html

B&H is always 'closed' on Saturdays because of the sabbath, but all other DJI items are currently listed 'for sale' and available in 'add to cart'

Perhaps they're getting a lot of defective returns? If anyone knows for sure, please respond.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 11.40.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 11.40.35 AM.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,120
Thanks ianwood. Let us know how it goes.

The 'Item Not For Sale' just showed up today. These were both available at this time yesterday. So what's up at B&H?

P.S. it's not an 'out of stock' condition.

B&H lists out of stock items as either 'BACKORDERED' or 'Usually Ships in ___ Days' (see example below for the P2V+)

These now say 'ITEM NOT FOR SALE' with no option to pre-order or add to cart.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 12.05.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 12.05.50 PM.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,121
With all the bad solder joints and parts falling out of the P2V+ I am not surprised to see them halt sales of the +(Edit) soon.

I ment to say soon and not that they already have.

As a precaution I have reflowed all the motor and ESC power supply solder joints. Some of the were kinda sketchy.

KG4MXV said:
With all the bad solder joints and parts falling out of the P2V+ I am not surprised to see them halt sales of the +
They HAVE NOT stopped the sale of the Vision+... it's the H3-3D gimbals that are no longer for sale. Please read the posts carefully before bashing the V+

KG4MXV said:
With all the bad solder joints and parts falling out of the P2V+ I am not surprised to see them halt sales of the +

They're still offering the P2V+ at B&H, just on delay or backorder. Maybe they haven't sold enough of those to get a lot of returns. The hasidm who run B&H are amazingly organized. I'm sure they have software or other systems that alert them when they get a high percentage of returns. This is likely what happened with the H3-3D

I'm guessing they ran out of H3-3D gimbals, and started to receive version V1.1 of them which is slightly different? Maybe DJI stopped making the first visions of it and started shipping out V1.1? I have no idea!!

Here's what Dave's Motors explained to me what makes V1.1 different.

The v1.1 only arrived yesterday and earlier this week we ran out of inventory on the older unit. If you have no intention for running the light bridge then the older unit is better because it will power the GoPro in flight, plus it allows for access to your micro SD card/USB port so you can pull pictures/videos easier.

If you click the question mark next to the 'Item Not For Sale' it says "This Item Is Not For Sale Until Further Notice"

There's no version number associated with it -- and there's no other listing for an H3-3D, including the bundled package. You can not order *any* H3-3D from B&H right now, even on backorder.

Also, it says 'New Arrival' on the listing for the H3-3D that's no longer for sale, so not the 'old' version.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 1.32.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 1.32.05 PM.png
    29 KB · Views: 1,016
I am not bashing the product.
I am bashing DJI lack of QC control.

I currently own a P2V and if I would have waited to buy a few months I would have gotten the plus.

shartlza said:
ianwood said:
My gimbal from B&H showed up yesterday. Putting it on today.

Ianwood,

The one you got from B&H, is it v1.1, the one that connects with the side USB?

1.1 with the side connector for the video. Just finished installing it. Seems to be working so far. Did some funny dancing while I upgraded firmware but now it just hums a tiny bit. Will be flying it shortly.

ianwood said:
shartlza said:
ianwood said:

Ianwood,

1.1 with the side connector for the video. Just finished installing it. Seems to be working so far. Did some funny dancing while I upgraded firmware but now it just hums a tiny bit. Will be flying it shortly.

Let us know how it goes! Just saw this thread while questioning the same thing in my previous posting. I don't think the reason they halted sales would be complaints...... I don't see how they could have gotten enough out to the field that quick to have numerous complaints yet but....who knows! Geez.....I sure hope that's not the case!

Just to let you all know... I ordered an h3-3d from b&h a month ago, and i was informed that it shipped on the 8th of may. And for $369.00.

Can't wait to get it!

I hope the one "ianwood" got works well. He hasn't posted an update on it yet..... ! I have not upgraded from 1.08 version so.... I'll have to swallow the new firmware changes that they have released along with installing the new gimbal as well!

ianwood said:
shartlza said:
ianwood said:

Ianwood,

So since you put this on the origanal phantom would you be able to show us some pictures of the setup? What did you use for spacers and did you need longer screw when using spacers and did you install the interference board? Overall a run down of how you installed it would be great since i will be taking this on next week. Hope all is still going well with it. Thanks in advance.

Also, I have a feeling they stopped sales because they had it priced wrong. There are some of us that bought one for $369, like i did when i saw it on there site a month ago at that price and jumped on it. Some people jumped on it in the past week and probably got it for $379. I have a feeling, but could be wrong, we got a great deal on this and they just caught that they were going out of the warehouse at too low of a margin and they stopped sales until they fix it. I know a little about this since i work corporate retail. We will see though.

Did 3 flights today some in pretty decent wind. Going through the results now but so far, so good. Will post up details soon.

ianwood said:
Did 3 flights today some in pretty decent wind. Going through the results now but so far, so good. Will post up details soon.

Great to hear!!! Can't wait to see the footage. Could you post some pics and detail how you installed it. Thanks

From B&H customer service this morning: "The Phantom Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal offerings is not for sale due to reasons the manufacturer has given. If you would like to inquire about this, I suggest you should call our sales department at 800.606.6969"

streetreporter said:
From B&H customer service this morning: "The Phantom Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal offerings is not for sale due to reasons the manufacturer has given. If you would like to inquire about this, I suggest you should call our sales department at 800.606.6969"

No one there at B&H today that knows why it was pulled! They suggested calling back tomorrow to see any information was available!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl