Avoiding Cracks

Reaction score
Just got my p3A back from DJI service due to stress cracks. My experience was pretty good. I shipped it and had it back in 4 weeks, all under warranty. Anyways, I want to try to make sure that my phantom doesn't crack for a while. What are some preferred methods? Ive seen people zip tie and tape around the arms, unscrew the motors, and buy motor support brackets. What actually words best?

There really is no known fix for this problem. Many people have tried things like you mentioned, but there is no evidence that they work since the majority of shells don't crack.

Support brackets help keep the stress off of the motor pods, they screw on under each pod. If you buy them, after you finish installing them, make sure you havent tightened the screws too much so they interfere with the turning motor. Here is an example:

4x Aluminum Reinforcement Plate Kit Motor Mount Base Protect For DJI Phantom 3 2

I inspect my pods under the brackets from time to time. If I see even a slight crack, I break out the flexible adhesive and lay it under the motor on top of where the stress crack is.

Shop LOCTITE Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Adhesive at Lowes.com

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj