P4P Crash! Then my DJI Repair experience!!

Reaction score
20200209_164234.jpg

Went flying in a familiar place that I have been many times. Lifted off and was hovering at about 18 feet to check my Home Point. Hit the up lever and instantly the screen goes crazy! Hit a tiny phone line that I had never seen before. Down comes the Drone! Bang!! Busted it up! Two broken arms, cracked battery case, Gimbal and leg damage. Have had the Drone a couple of years. No warranty, no plan or insurance. A friend said "send it to DJI for an estimate"! I thought, "what the (Mod Removed Langage) I'll send it to DJI for an estimate"! I filled out the DJI Support info and emailed it in. That day a Shipping Label came in my Email. I boxed up the Drone (no props or any hardware) and sent it out. Took a while to get there. The next Monday, an email said the Drone arrived. Tuesday, another email said the Drone had been evaluated and the estimate for repair was $301.00. I could pay that or they would ship my Drone back. I paid it. Wednesday I got another email stating the Drone had been shipped and the tracking info.
Just like that I received a new P4P (new serial # and 4 new props)! Even the Styrofoam container was new! Needless to say, I am VERY impressed!!

Attachments

• 20200209_164145.jpg
    20200209_164145.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • 20200209_164104.jpg
    20200209_164104.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 132
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
May want to think about a lottery ticket next with the luck you have!
I had a similar experience with a mini that they said they were repairing and ended up with a new one. Maybe they’re short on repair people?

Reactions: gppms and Capt KO

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
May want to think about a lottery ticket next with the luck you have!
I had a similar experience with a mini that they said they were repairing and ended up with a new one. Maybe they’re short on repair people?
Was it for the prop-slop against the body? If so, is it better now? Haven’t had it yet, just wondering.

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
View attachment 117498

Went flying in a familiar place that I have been many times. Lifted off and was hovering at about 18 feet to check my Home Point. Hit the up lever and instantly the screen goes crazy! Hit a tiny phone line that I had never seen before. Down comes the Drone! Bang!! Busted it up! Two broken arms, cracked battery case, Gimbal and leg damage. Have had the Drone a couple of years. No warranty, no plan or insurance. A friend said "send it to DJI for an estimate"! I thought, "what the (Mod Removed Langage) I'll send it to DJI for an estimate"! I filled out the DJI Support info and emailed it in. That day a Shipping Label came in my Email. I boxed up the Drone (no props or any hardware) and sent it out. Took a while to get there. The next Monday, an email said the Drone arrived. Tuesday, another email said the Drone had been evaluated and the estimate for repair was $301.00. I could pay that or they would ship my Drone back. I paid it. Wednesday I got another email stating the Drone had been shipped and the tracking info.
Just like that I received a new P4P (new serial # and 4 new props)! Even the Styrofoam container was new! Needless to say, I am VERY impressed!!
Good score. Spent more to fix one myself. 👍 Did you pay any freight at all?

Reaction score
View attachment 117498

Glad to hear! I’ve had similar experiences with DJI Support on our agency drone crashes. They’ve been excellent to work with so far. I was very careful though to send in as much info as I had, plus was very detailed in my correspondence. We use Airdata for fleet management, and I had a lot of supporting info to send DJI.

Reaction score
View attachment 117498

My gimbal stopped working and I sent my drone to repair. Got a brand new one back as well. VERY HAPPY with the outcome! I had an estimate from a local shop to get it repaired and they wanted to charge me about USD 700! DJI charged me EUR 209, including shipping from the Netherlands to Switzerland! Less than a third of the price!!!

And then, also a brand new drone!!! So great, as my 3 years old buddy was getting a bit rusted from my filming by the beach:

@droningandmore on Instagram

Reaction score
Amazing! DJI has vastly improved their service! I had a totally negative experience two years ago and stated I'd never send anything to them even if under warranty. Glad to hear they have learned to support their customer base finally. I might reconsider now.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: The Famous

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brotherb3