Avegent Glyph user experiance

The clarity on Glyph is much better than MyBuds and it's expensive too.

If you currently have any goggles with you, don't invest right now for a new one as I'm seeing many more will appear in the market soon.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The clarity on Glyph is much better than MyBuds and it's expensive too.

If you currently have any goggles with you, don't invest right now for a new one as I'm seeing many more will appear in the market soon.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
you... intend using with Nvidia Shield k1... with Mavic Pro...if i ever get one lol....dont have FPV yet just looking for good setup... like the form of Glyph .. not so keen on a BRICK style...£100 import charges to Scotland a killer....will keep watching this form and yourself perhaps as you say better glasses etc will come on market soon .. Cheers...

try a search for Mybud in the title and you'll find some info. I have the Glyphs but not the Mybuds so can't really speak for them
As Alok said... there should be some new models coming out soon; CES is this week FWIW

try a search for Mybud in the title and you'll find some info. I have the Glyphs but not the Mybuds so can't really speak for them
As Alok said... there should be some new models coming out soon; CES is this week FWIW
Thank you....

Not to go on a tangent, but I saw these earlier on Amazon. Granted, not in the same league as what we're discussing, but a very attractive price to get into FPV and explore. Anyone has used them and has some feedback? Or is it simply not worth it? Yes I know, here as well, you get what you pay for ... but some Amazon reviews are *very* positive.

https://www.amazon.com/EACHINE-Gogg...UTF8&qid=1483549361&sr=8-17&keywords=fatshark

41wRUZwtvML.jpg

Yes it would be nice... I live in Italy, so it's even worse: my only source of info is the internet and of course this great forum, where the sum of experience and tests of so many people can be mutually useful. Most products and accessories (if not all) must be purchased abroad and the cost of transportation and import duties makes any buying mistake almost a financial disaster.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Here's my quick take on the glyph goggles. I received them yesterday have hooked them up to three HDMI sources I have , I've yet to fly with them yet.

excellent quality packaging and a product where all the materials used are on the high-end.

I'll keep them, because they seem to work well, but my expectations were higher for them. Probably my fault for not reading close enough. It in no way shape or form is virtual reality. Nor does it pretend to be so. It is a 60 inch screen hanging in front of your face ,suspended very close. A great explanation and description. You can see above it and below it. The edges of the screen are a little fuzzy. Easy to adjust, and certainly I can wear them for a flight or two, or a movie, but I couldn't have them on all night watching video, cable, etc.

overall I'll keep them. But I would say for most people they're too expensive for what you get.

Here's my quick take on the glyph goggles. I received them yesterday have hooked them up to three HDMI sources I have , I've yet to fly with them yet.

excellent quality packaging and a product where all the materials used are on the high-end.

I'll keep them, because they seem to work well, but my expectations were higher for them. Probably my fault for not reading close enough. It in no way shape or form is virtual reality. Nor does it pretend to be so. It is a 60 inch screen hanging in front of your face ,suspended very close. A great explanation and description. You can see above it and below it. The edges of the screen are a little fuzzy. Easy to adjust, and certainly I can wear them for a flight or two, or a movie, but I couldn't have them on all night watching video, cable, etc.

overall I'll keep them. But I would say for most people they're too expensive for what you get.
for that.. cheers

I think you nailed it. I agree with you.

Reactions: glen e
I agree w glen in many respects. First and foremost, These are NOT virtual reality glasses. If anyone is expecting to have reactions like hands waving in the air or falling off your chair like the commercials we've all seen on TV for VR goggles, forget it; it isnt like that at all not even close. If you want something like a VR experience I'd suggest any of the other options suggested in this thread for 1/10 the cost of the Glyphs. If you try VR and that's the look you want then pursue that route. As we all know this technology is evolving so time is your friend. If VR leaves you feeling unfulfilled then you *might * try these Glyphs but these are too expensive to "hope" that they are right for you unless money isn't an issue. In my case I kinda knew what to expect and they delivered in that respect. They are the brightest sharpest actual view through the camera of your drone. No glare, no reflections, no squinting to try to see the image on the screen... NONE. In addition, any device with an hdmi output can be connected too. My wife saw this and liked the use for watching a movie. It is a very "private" and focused feeling in this application. I think that folks like us are not very patient to see what's coming in the future and we also want the latest and greatest; I am describing myself here! I fulfilled my impulsive nature (for now), bought a cool drone, and have some Glyphs; I'm happy w my purchase(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: zalexanderk
WOW!! I just got my Glyph.....Man, perfect solution....You can see the Clearest picture FPV ...AND...Glance down at controller and app...walk around some...no glare.....Like standing in front of a 65" HD TV, 7 ft away. .....I wear 2.25 cheaters and I can see clear focus thru them on the minus 1 diopter setting. Maybe the brightness makes up for it and you less correction than with reading glasses. Already tried the head tracking with my Phantom 4 for the gimbal....but you have to plug Glyph into the other USB on controller, so you loose your App....but you don't really need it.....Glyph's have all the Telemetry you need, plus a homepoint heading marker.......I read where you can use a USB hub, but haven't tried it yet.

Tried the VR goggles with VR one Plus and several others....it was good, but not near as clear as the Glyph's and the Darn Video feed from the USB is also or can be choppy.....the HDMI feed seems much more constant and better or less latency .

Mark

Mark,

You are right, Glyph gets you a very clear and sharp video based on the HDMI output which has insignificant latency. Today Glyph is one of the best Goggles for drones based on attributes such as : the quality of the video, weight and the price of the goggles. It is still not fully immersive. There are few things that are needed to make it immersive: 1. Display should be just the images that you see as a pilot 2. Sizes of the images should be also realistic, too big or small make it non-realistic 3. One should feel and see the depth in the scenarios.

I am sure we will see the evolution into Goggles for drones. These are not just the VR Goggles showing some kind of recorded videos. They should be well coordinated with the cam of the drone.

Mark,

You are right, Glyph gets you a very clear and sharp video based on the HDMI output which has insignificant latency. Today Glyph is one of the best Goggles for drones based on attributes such as : the quality of the video, weight and the price of the goggles. It is still not fully immersive. There are few things that are needed to make it immersive: 1. Display should be just the images that you see as a pilot 2. Sizes of the images should be also realistic, too big or small make it non-realistic 3. One should feel and see the depth in the scenarios.

I am sure we will see the evolution into Goggles for drones. These are not just the VR Goggles showing some kind of recorded videos. They should be well coordinated with the cam of the drone.

My feelings entirely, the Glyph is the best there is at this moment in time, one can only hope they can address the things you mentioned and become "Perfect". I am very surprised that DJI did not adopt these.

The Glyphs won't do it for me ... I have a P3S, and it does not have HDMI output. Well, the HDMI module works only for the more advanced models. One option I thought of is to get a tablet that has HDMI output, but then I'd get not true FPV< but all the extra info on the scree,

Any thoughts?

The Glyphs won't do it for me ... I have a P3S, and it does not have HDMI output. Well, the HDMI module works only for the more advanced models. One option I thought of is to get a tablet that has HDMI output, but then I'd get not true FPV< but all the extra info on the scree,

Any thoughts?

The only real solution other than the tablet IS to get a HDMI output drone. The P3S is ok but the P4 is way better on all fronts especially with the lightbridge tech it uses.

I purchased the Glyphs when I bought the Phantom 4....

I have not used them yet.....
This lifestyle is waaaaaaaaay to progressive and serious for newbies to make FPV moves before they understand HTF (How To Fly).

Before taking that leap.... I will/must ensure that I am familiar with the Phantom and all of her inter-workings before I step into the FPV world.

Plus.... I'm scared!

Reactions: wolf~928

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20