Avegent Glyph user experiance

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am reading how good the Avegent Glyph is and it seems to have thew ability to fly FPV as well as being able to look up at your drone flying and down at the RC unit.
If you have one of these can you please confirm your experience with them and how they compare to other goggles especially the Headplays.

I am sure other pilots would be interested.

Thank you

I'm also looking for AG feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have one, and have flown my Inspire with it. I can happily report that you can very well maintain direct Visual Line of Sight, while the FPV kinda floats in the middle. It takes a bit of getting used to but I never had to look down at my controller ONCE. Will definitely fly with it in the future on my next shoots.

I have one, and have flown my Inspire with it. I can happily report that you can very well maintain direct Visual Line of Sight, while the FPV kinda floats in the middle. It takes a bit of getting used to but I never had to look down at my controller ONCE. Will definitely fly with it in the future on my next shoots.

Thank you for the info, One thing I would like to find out about the FPV view, is it of good size and excellent for flying, I have heard that the FPV resolution is good also, what is your experience of this, and lastly I have noticed with some goggles that the actual image is not at the correct distance as seen by my IPAD, ie, the image is somewhat further away and therefore makes the FPV not true to the actual distance.

Thank you for your help with this

In my experience (your mileage will vary, I wear progressive lenses) I find the Avegant obscures abut 30 degrees of the vertical field of view, and the image itself subtends about 50 degrees horizontally, and about 25 degrees vertically. It's a 720P image projected right onto your retina(s), but it's not like an Oculus. It's experienced as a black bar with an HD image in the middle of it you can look down into, or out of. The way I'll put it is that it's superior to look down 30 degrees from VLOS to FPV than to look down 90 degrees or more to your controller. At least you have peripheral vision on the aircraft at all times, even when looking at FPV. I've taken some B-Roll of me flying with this thing, I hope to edit and post it soon.

Reactions: alokbhargava
I am waiting for DJI goggles specs and price before deciding on my next goggles. $439 is really an attractive price.

I am waiting for DJI goggles specs and price before deciding on my next goggles. $439 is really an attractive price.

I took the plunge & got the Glyph. Its fantastic, Miles better than the Headplay / Fatshark and yes, look up and LOS your drone, look down and control your RC, look ahead and FPV your drone in crystal clear as good as 1080p, no pixels. I really love them.
Because of this I have to wonder Why DJI did not adopt the Glyph and if LOS becomes a legal rule then these goggles take the biscuit.

ive just ordered a pair at that price so hope you guys flying with them are right and they are better than headplays and skyviews etc lol

I don't need that earpiece part of the Glyph so I can hear the po-po saying "Hey! You can't fly that thing here!" Or maybe I do so I can just ignore him. ;)

ive just ordered a pair at that price so hope you guys flying with them are right and they are better than headplays and skyviews etc lol

As a previous owner of the Headplay I can only say the slightly negative with the Glyph is the FOV which is less than the Headplays, BUT imho that does not bother me, sure it would have been nicer for the FOV to match the Headplays BUT there are so many positives that far outweigh that one small minor negative. The one point I did not mention is that you read about other people seeing you flying your drone with some aggressive tendency's and with the Headplay { and to a lesser degtee the Fatshark} thing stuck on your head you have no idea what they are upto or who or what is going on around you which troubles me especially if I am on my own. With the Glyph still in position on your head you can at any moment look around you.
Properly set up I am sure you also will be amazed

Last edited:
If I have a choice between headsplay and Glyph, I will close my eyes and go for Glyph.

Prices have gone up to $549 now.

Those who missed the opportunity to get one may have to wait for another sale.

One article I read about the Glyph said they are heavy and that makes them uncomfortable after a short time. Have you noticed this?

One article I read about the Glyph said they are heavy and that makes them uncomfortable after a short time. Have you noticed this?

To be honest, anything on my head is somewhat annoying, I dont even like wearing a hat etc. In wearing the Glyph I find it not really uncomfortable once you get used to it and using the head strap helps take the support & weight.
Hope this helps.

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20