Auxiliary Lighting

Reaction score
Very interested in hearing what you guys are doing for auxiliary lighting, mainly anti-collision strobes that DO NOT involve wiring to connect to the main battery. Looking at standalone stuff only.

I'm looking at some of the stuff at firehousetechnology.com. Anyone using any of these lights or anything similar? I want to have the longest range visibility I can. :)

Right now I'm using these very cheap LED strobes I found on ebay. They are made for bikes, but they are ideal for the the drone: Easy to mount and super light weight. Got 4 for $6, free shipping. :)

19424301_1353138371468876_4537896609917660117_n.jpg

Airman you'll benefit from getting the ones linked above because they are insanely bright (need 3 mile visibility), light weight, and very small form factor.

I've got a set of custom mounts on order from Aerial-Pixel to mount them on my Inspire all the way around.

I think Hunch Msiger were selling them

That's correct and both links above are for his listing (His company is PhantomHelp)

I use one for Firehousetechnology.com. Work great. I only have 1, red, mounted at the back, but I may get another for the front. I can even see it during the day. Granted, I don't fly long distance but I like it.

US law requires your aircraft to be within VLOS of the operator. If you're flying commercially, the FAA's rules allow you to use a spotter. Lights like these can help you maintain VLOS (especially at night).

Reactions: BigAl07
Is this an opinion or a legal requirement?

I was bouncing between 2 threads (one was Part 107 NIGHT flight oriented) and I mistakenly merged them in my mind.

Is this an opinion or a legal requirement?
Part 107 flights during civil twilight (30 min after sunset and 30 min before sunrise) are only allowed if the aircraft has anticollision lights visible to at least 3 statute miles.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lights like these can help you maintain VLOS (especially at night).

That's the main reason I got them - and boy do these lights that Mike sold me do the trick. Do not be fooled by the size - these are the brightest LED's you've ever seen.
STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help

I put a red strobe up front, a green on on the back, and a white one on top. This makes it very easy to see the orientation of the UAV from a great distance.

Of course, being able to be seen by other aircraft is a huge plus as well. :)

Anywho, glad I asked here - this group is great. And Mike (runs PhantomHelp.com) is super nice. Thanks again guys!

Very interested in hearing what you guys are doing for auxiliary lighting, mainly anti-collision strobes that DO NOT involve wiring to connect to the main battery. Looking at standalone stuff only.

I'm looking at some of the stuff at firehousetechnology.com. Anyone using any of these lights or anything similar? I want to have the longest range visibility I can. :)

Right now I'm using these very cheap LED strobes I found on ebay. They are made for bikes, but they are ideal for the the drone: Easy to mount and super light weight. Got 4 for $6, free shipping. :)

19424301_1353138371468876_4537896609917660117_n.jpg
got these of ebay cheap bright with own batt1499017212386-261526144.jpg 20170625_165645.jpgthis v2 strobon i got from firehouse tec,red on back,was top dollar to ship here ,crees nice but pricy for me here ,easy for me to get cheap products and modifi to suit my needs

Reactions: AirMan05446

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4