AutoflightLogic Autopilot 2.0 for Phantom 3 almost here... POI

Reaction score
The oficial version of the software of Autoflightlogic Autopilot 2.0 is almost here.

The last beta release is very stable and a remarkable piece of software.

Heres a small sample of the POI in action. The last clip is from the last version build 34.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The oficial version is expected to be in APP Store any day now.

Reactions: bobomet
Well, DJI Go is getting waypoints, POI and follow me. How is this any better for DJI Go users?
Someone said don't get your hopes up on DJI waypoints. Probably means it will be limited to less than what a 3rd party will do.

What kind of range does AutoPilot allow in a waypoint mission?

It's not possible to make complex waypoints. You can only select the mode ( POI, Focus,Zipline, Follow, etc ) and execute. You can change setings on the fly.

Zipline is also great mode because you can select diferente hight from start to end.

Mission waypoints are not available on this software.

Reactions: III% Streve
It's not possible to make complex waypoints. You can only select the mode ( POI, Focus,Zipline, Follow, etc ) and execute. You can change setings on the fly.

Zipline is also great mode because you can select diferente hight from start to end.

Understood. Thank you

then how can it be compared to Litchi which HAS waypoint missing planning, I think orit and follow me is great and Litchi has this as well but i am just loving the GS waypoint planning at the moment it is great. I thought Autopilot had GS now that it doesn't i'll stick to my Android for flying.

then how can it be compared to Litchi which HAS waypoint missing planning, I think orit and follow me is great and Litchi has this as well but i am just loving the GS waypoint planning at the moment it is great. I thought Autopilot had GS now that it doesn't i'll stick to my Android for flying.

I compare it to litchi because it is set in the same way. possible this has also features that lichi dont have.

About DJI POI and other functions i compare it more to lichi. You will see when it gets out....

Don't get your hopes up!

For those of us who are photographers/videographers, the POI capability is exactly what we want.
I've never found waypoints to be useful in my work ....

That right. POI, Zipline ( cable cam ), follow very important.

Miquel .... is there an installation video out for this ....?
Instalation?
You mean the software in action, like menus and stuff? I didnt make one yet. But the software is easy to understand. It has 3 levels, from more easy to more experienced , that opens more funtions and menus.

To POI for exemple, you open the map, point on it where you want to POI, choose hight, radius and hight of the focus ( for exemple a 20meter building you can set focus to 20 meters do the câmera point's at that hight.

The execute, the phantom will turn on , hoover for a second and execute the program. you can change setings in the air if you need it and also pause.

For those of us who are photographers/videographers, the POI capability is exactly what we want.

Each to there own then i think, we all have different requirements, those options are needed as well. Let's see what DJI bring out, if they ever do!

Reactions: huntjock
And this is why there will be many different apps out there for people to pick from to meet their personal preference and platform!

That's great. It still needs waypoints because as said above, don't get your hopes up. Autopilot needs to get on the ball with GS. If not they, then who? Litchi isn't for iOS. Believe me, orbit gets boring.

Reactions: huntjock
I compare it to litchi because it is set in the same way. possible this has also features that lichi dont have.

About DJI POI and other functions i compare it more to lichi. You will see when it gets out....
Yes they will see...
I'm glad I got into the beta test group. It just opens your eyes up to new possibilities for videography!

For those with an open mind and interested in what sets Autopilot apart from others, review this page
Autopilot - Autoflight Logic

It's been an amazing beta test process. They were very responsive and open to add many "nice to have features".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers