Auto trigger and auto flying drone for security

Reaction score
Hi, we have a water supply on a mountain side, that keeps being tampered with, it cannot be seen from the property and I am wondering if there is anyway we could auto trigger a drone to take off and do a search of the area based on an email sent to me informing me someone is near the water supply, we cannot normally get up to it to catch them doing it, it always happens when we are out.

We already have that and we get texts with a picture, you can never tell who it is on the picture they are always covered up and by the time we get up to the mountain we have missed the perpetrator, if we could get a drone up there it could follow them, relaying the video back to us, it is private land no one should be up there.

Night vision goggles, camo tent, .22 with rat shot.

Actually, you can do much better with one of those night vision, motion activated silent wildlife cameras. They have them at Dicks Sporting Goods and lots of outdoor type places. They can be hidden, have a decent lens and will do the job. $100 or less for a good one which will sit on guard duty for days on end on a set of batteries. I used one to see which neighbor's cat was pissing on my front door and Jet Skis.

Reactions: SilverStone641
If you get texts when the culprit is there, that might be the time to launch a drone and send it in that direction.

Night vision goggles, camo tent, .22 with rat shot.

Actually, you can do much better with one of those night vision, motion activated silent wildlife cameras. They have them at Dicks Sporting Goods and lots of outdoor type places. They can be hidden, have a decent lens and will do the job. $100 or less for a good one which will sit on guard duty for days on end on a set of batteries. I used one to see which neighbor's cat was pissing on my front door and Jet Skis.

That is what I have and it sends me a picture but we cannot tell who it is they are covered up and they do it when we are out so we cannot catch them hence a drone that can be sent up to follow them.

Maybe I'm missing something. If you're not there then who will pilot the drone?

Many drones have GPS, my thinking is that if I can somehow trigger the drone to take off and then do a pre-programmed scan of the hillside and if it detects anything its program could allow it to follow them relaying the video via 4G to my iPhone, this would give me time to contact someone to catch them.

You won't get this capability with a Consumer or even ProSumer grade unit. You're looking for a custom designed and built system and it's not something that is going to be "budget friendly". You'll need to search for "Security Drones" and you will find some packages that will do this but they probably start around $50K.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl