Australian registration system

Probably explains why I moved across to sub 250g racing drones some time ago. CASA will probably flog a couple of people soon after roll out to make people submit to this ill thought out process and away we go again. Understand the need for some sort of regulated process but belting everyone to accommodate societies’ miscreants is how we do business over here.

Reactions: sdileon
Probably explains why I moved across to sub 250g racing drones some time ago. CASA will probably flog a couple of people soon after roll out to make people submit to this ill thought out process and away we go again. Understand the need for some sort of regulated process but belting everyone to accommodate societies’ miscreants is how we do business over here.
I wonder how long it will be before the weight limit is lowered.......

It looks fairly benign .... unless you are thinking of making a dollar or two with your drone.
Agreed but unless they empower council rangers and the like with appropriate training, I’m assuming that unlike the majority on fora like these, there will always be that segment of the hobby/business that couldn’t care less through willful ignorance that will prompt more control measures. Looking forward to my $20 creating a whole new drone friendly environment......

I think CASA will have their hands full trying to implement these new registration and license rules.

Don’t worry, CASA receives it’s revenue from aircraft fuel excise, so they will be flush with $$$$$ to get the registration system and processes in place.

In my public submission to CASA, I made it clear the registration cost per platform for commercial operators should not be as high as they were proposing, as this will clearly be seen as a money grab!

I personally don’t mind registering my P4Pro, however I would mind CASA charging me $100 per year. I suggested a tiered system where a choice of registration period should be offered (ie. 1, 3 and 5 years) with a sliding fee scale (ie. $20, $45, $75 respectively).

So let’s see what comes out of the public submissions!

Reactions: sdileon
I’m in Australia, holder of RePl, AROC and ReOC. Very happy to see CASA moving forward to regulate the industry. Gives meaning to the fees I have paid and continue to pay to be legitimate for commercial work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj