Australian drone pilots face automatic grounding under national crackdown

I fixed the link for ya :)

Wow.. talk about click bait article.. Geez.. If you can’t answer those questions, I have to wonder how one would even manage to know what a drone/quad is... It’s literally 15 sec worth of fluff that anyone better know. Ironically, (if I remember correctly), they are asking you about “guidelines” not laws too.. which seems to get the crowds riled up around here..Especially those that choose to ignore them but are forced to accept them as hobbiests...

Reactions: BigAl07
It's already in place here in UK, and USA.

Whilst it may be a PITA, it's no biggie. If you can't pass the test you probably shouldn't be flying anything bigger than a paper plane.
Agreed, but as reference in my submission to CASA, how are we going to manage all the KMart, shopping centre quads that are probably creating more havoc than a slightly cashed up hobbyist purchasing a DJI product? It’s as much about protecting a business model as it is engaging the public in a ‘safe’ flying conversation.

Australian drone pilots face automatic grounding under national crackdown - ABC News
Australian drone pilots face automatic grounding under national crackdown — ABC News

...Bit disappointed; Just fired up the DJI app, and no test
1f641.png

Took the mockup; dead easy - 100%
'Spose the app and firmware version affects that...

Talk about a song and dance over nothing. The so called test takes less than a minute.

I didn’t accept any of the geofence related updates though.

I test and repair drones. I get that silly test almost every time. I am getting a little tired of it. 10 times a day will cause things to get thrown across the room. Instead I just get another beer. Oh crap, there is that test again

Hey I didn’t get the test! And I don’t seem to have any no fly zones restrictions anymore. I also noticed that this is the second day in a row that I haven’t had to upgrade software of some kind, Woops sorry... I just realised I was flying the Solo.... or the Parrot ..... or any other non DJI aircraft.....

Reactions: Viewfinder
Too bad the FAA can't tell if you're on a commercial mission. Wouldn't it be great if they placed a microchip (like a credit card) in the Part 107 license and required you to scan it to run the mission?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20