Attraction to things that destroy our quads

Reaction score
There seems to be a common theme here with our self destruction. For example. The attraction of flying over bodies of water. Being ponds, lakes, rivers and the oceans. If you did some checking on the forums it seems to create many failures or dunkings. I do believe there is a serious attraction of transmitter radio wave that attract the quads to get closer. And to finally lose power. It must be something in the water.
And then there are trees. The evilness of trees cannot be stressed enough to newer pilots. They tend to move when you are not looking. Sure you think it was the wind that put up there in the topmost part of the tree! But I can tell you that tree reached out and grabbed your quad. So just a word of caution. Beware of the tall skinny ones!
And finally the grass. Especially this time of year. Your quad is not an edger or lawn mower. It may take off from you nicely mown lawn but when it lands it will be in two foot tall grass. And grass conspires with the trees to capture and hide you quad from you.
And we will not discuss technical issues like batteries at this time. Oh what the heck! As long as I am here! These little devils will check full charge and go flat as soon as you get high enough to drop like a rock! Also never forget the AA's in the transmitter. Remember AA stands for Anti-Aircraft!
So now you have a small list of things to be aware of. I am sure folks have other issues.
In conclusion. Stay away from water, trees and long grass. Carry twenty-five Phantom only batteries with you when flying and a case of AA batteries for all your other stuff.

blank stare.png
..Yep

I use to have heavy equipment and often refered to my back hoe as a locater. I think this could apply to drones as well in respect to power lines.

Trees, water, batteries oh carp what else could go wrong??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31