ATTI Mode back to P mode?

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about this scenario?

Prefilght and everything ok and Home is set (P4). I take off and fly in P mode. Then later I switch to ATTI mode. Now switch back to P mode.

Does the P4 keep the Home location after all this so it can RTH?

Does the P4 keep the Home location after all this so it can RTH?
Yes. After takeoff, it will only change if you manually reset it in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Home-Point-Settings.png

That makes sense to me. But the first time I tried Atti mode in flight then I switched back to P mode and used the RTH button, my P4 landed about 10 meters from the original Home location. That's why I asked about this.

my P4 landed about 10 meters from the original Home location
If you want to see if the home point was changed, upload your TXT flight log here.

Yes. After takeoff, it will only change if you manually reset it in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 60592

Not entirely true...

I took off from under a bridge once (I know I know....shut up) and it got confused and lost gps. It then reassigned my home point, on its own, to the middle of the water and stayed in atti mode until I landed it (18 mph winds, so a white knuckle landing). Flight logs later explained just how much trouble I was in.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not entirely true...

I took off from under a bridge once (I know I know....shut up) and it got confused and lost gps. It then reassigned my home point, on its own
Got that TXT flight log?

Ah, I see it here.

you can see the reassigning of the home point
I can see the home point changed in your screenshots, but it's not clear as to why that occurred. Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here when you have a chance.

Will do....away from my computer so might be an hour...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looking at my logs showed my H did not change! I will go out tomorrow and test again. This was my 3rd time out flying this thing and maybe I'm just overly paranoid.

Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl