Attack Mode

Reaction score
I have this P3S that seems perfect in every way until you try to take off. I've been playing with drones for a long time and this is a first for me. It will lift about a foot off the ground and become completely unstable. Doesn't seem to have power to lift even at full throttle. All indicators indicate it's ready to fly. Even the flight log shows nothing. I haven't seen or read about one acting like this ever. Anyone who may help, I would surely appreciate it or if anyone thinks they can fix it, I offer it for sale for 250 bucks. That will include the drone and working camera, remote, one battery and charger. I will pay the shipping anywhere in US. I'd rather find out what is wrong but I will sell it. There's no cracks or any signs of a crash.

Attachments

• DSC03648.JPG
    DSC03648.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 472
  • DSC03649.JPG
    DSC03649.JPG
    521.2 KB · Views: 614
  • DSC03650.JPG
    DSC03650.JPG
    416 KB · Views: 559
  • DSC03651.JPG
    DSC03651.JPG
    372.2 KB · Views: 548
  • DSC03652.JPG
    DSC03652.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 571
That sounds very strange indeed. Did you look at the AC, .dat file or just the device file?

Any chance you can have someone video this takeoff situation? That might help come up with some ideas.

Using a different offline file converter, you may have an IMU issue. When did you cold calibrate last?

Here's a video on YouTube if anyone wants to take a look. This thing is crazy. Almost got me this time and then the motors wouldn't shut off.

Here's a video on YouTube if anyone wants to take a look. This thing is crazy. Almost got me this time and then the motors wouldn't shut off.
WOW.....Attack mode is Right.......kinda even took me by surprise and scared me too ..i was'nt ready for that "Attack" mode !

Reactions: RW8888
If anyone wants to buy this, the camera works perfectly and the battery is good. Those two alone should be about worth what I'm asking.

Hmmm....Judging by sound only, it doesn't sound quite right. Take off the props and start the motors, listen closely to each one as they spin up. Something isn't right there. The .dat file in the AC might give a hint, possibly.

Using a different offline file converter, you may have an IMU issue. When did you cold calibrate last?

Agree here. Think I’d do a cold IMU calibration asap. Then before you try another takeoff, take the props off then startup. If motor rpm’s jump around like they are doing now at least you won’t crash the bird during testing.

Hmmm....Judging by sound only, it doesn't sound quite right. Take off the props and start the motors, listen closely to each one as they spin up. Something isn't right there. The .dat file in the AC might give a hint, possibly.
How do you view a .dat file? I posted the flight record and it shows nothing. Also it seems perfect without the props. They rev and spin seemingly equal. I checked and made sure they were rotating in the right direction. I'm thinking the MC but it seems like it should give me an error warning of some kind.

It's not prop rotation or it would be as "stable" as it is... They just flip when you put a prop on wrong.

It shouldn't be so "erratic" either in the RPM like that.

As @BigAl07 mentioned it's the "erratic" RPM's that would be available in the .dat file from the AC, as well as IMU data. Motor data is not in the device files. That's what needs to be examined.

WOW. :eek:
The .dat file comes from the Phantom not from the removable sd card.

You can find some info here. DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

You hook to the Phantom with a PC, and you turn the download on with the app.

Rod
I just glanced at that link and didn't see anything about the .dat file but I'll try again later. When I plug this thing into the computer, the computer doesn't recognize it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves