Assistant 2 - Windows 10

• Thread starter Deleted member 103367
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103367

After the Windows 10 Update I can no longer see my aircraft in the Assistant 2 software to perform calibrations or update the aircraft.

I downloaded the software onto my laptop and it sees my aircraft. I disabled antivirus. Allowed all apps, and did Window+Restart and performed allow unsigned drivers and it still wont show up.

This is clearly on my desktop only as my laptop assistant 2 works??

What am I doing wrong, any help is appreciated.

What USB lead are you using to connect from the PC to the drone ?
I had a issue with a cheapo USB lead once.

The supplied DJI. After the windows update I open the assistant and get the screenshot logged in, etc. Turn on drone and then connect and computer dings noting its connected but nothing shows up on DJI assistant - NO ! marks in Devise manger - uninstall and reinstall 9 times now, did the disable driver thing, and for Norton Antivirus I actually uninstalled it, Windows defender all off.

Also swapped cables out as I have 4 drones and 4 leads. Something made me try assistant on laptop so I downloaded it, plugged in and bam it works on my laptop? Glad for that but need it on my desktop.

It is just on my desktop version that doesn't detect. Been at it for 7 hours now and still dead. Thank you for your reply, good idea but not the fix.

Now I have a set of eye glasses on my name stating Watched? What are you watching?

OMG...I have tried over and over, and cannot get Assistant to recognize the transmitter.... any ideas???

Here is how I fixed my issue and I fully expect all of the DJI lovers to disagree.

1. I sold all of my DJI products - $7500 worth and bought 2 Yuneec H520's - have had no issues Yuneec and no more DJI not fixing crap.
2. Yunnec flies better and has had NO - NONE - ZERO issues after 10 hours of flight time.

DJI never helped me and I will never look back nor give them a dime more of my hard earned money.

Come over and join the Yuneec Boys! Windows 10 is also to blame but DJI could fix the issue if they wanted too, but truly they dont care. Its take money and run!

Reactions: rdave000
OMG...I have tried over and over, and cannot get Assistant to recognize the transmitter.... any ideas???

See my new response - sell it and go Yuneec - how I fixed the problem. They will not fix nor do they give a crap.

Well, after talking with someone who knew more than DJI tech, found out they had the wrong Assistant software installed. We installed the correct software, and works fine. FYI, I am using the DJI S1000+, which requires "Assistant 2 Autopilot", not "Assistant 2."

Reactions: Technical Bob
I have a lot of problems with how to even get Assistant 2,, I could not get it to download,, It comes back as unable to unzip or damaged in email due to coding..
What do I do to get it and what is unzipping, not help from DJI videos no instruction in box just the inane TYE leering at me like an idiot I am. What and how and where from are these DJI downloads??????????? I bought a set of goggles but they will not activate without the downloads so how do I do it.

Reactions: godrocksu
After selling my DJI Products to a friend and as he was having the same issues I have found a fix. DJI was not helpful but here is the fix.

1. I assume you are using Windows 10
2. The program does boot and turn on
3. Once the program is ready and you plug in your drone and connect to the computer the screen stays empty or does not recognize the aircraft.

* * * Issue and fix is you need to update your USB Chip set. Depending on your computer you will need a Insignia Brand or similar USB 3.0 PCI-E Host Card.

We bought his at Best Buy for $29.99.

It is a fairly simple install (see you tube videos) and this cured the problem. 100% operational now.

Prior to Windows 10 Updates if your DJI Assistant 2 was working this is most likely the culprit. Happy flying and hope this helps someone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic