Assistant 2 Firmware roll backs disappeared?

Reaction score
I got a firmware abnormality when I switched on this morning for pre-flight checks so I plugged into the Assistant 2 software and noticed there were no previous versions available - last week there were four options.

All that's left now is Reset to Factory

DJI help say they've removed the option but won't say why - any thoughts/ideas?

My guess is that they need us all flying the same firmware for any future versions/NFZ/country restrictions

This is the 3rd reported case of this I've seen so it must be true. Which isn't suprising a lot of manufacturers block people from rolling back. I'm not sure if there is a way to side load the older firmware or not but I sure hope so. Cause the new firmware is absolutely garbage.

I have no choice but to upgrade firmware though - UK based commercial operator. If something goes wrong and I'm on old firmware I have no insurance etc.

I also wonder if it's in response to the Russian hack - maybe they've closed the exploit

I'm trying to figure out how i can save my current firmware on my P4Pro .and if do figure it out how do i downgrade or reinstall back. DJI are panic mode cause this person digdat0 posted videos on YT how to Mod DJI AC's so DJI removed all the firmware from the serves except for the latest... so is going to be interesting from here on....

I suspect it will be another nail in the coffin for hobby flying - it's not like jailbreaking/rooting your phone it's messing with an aircraft - what happens if one of these modified Phantoms crashes and injures somebody? The individual will be responsible and that could get messy/expensive for them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl