Phantom 4 constantly beeping

Reaction score
I've tried to upgrade the firmware on my Phantom 4 via DJI Assistant 2.
Whilst doing that I accidentally unplugged the USB cable to my PC.

After reconnecting the cable the upgrade status stuck at 32% and didn't go on from this point.
Now, if i turn on the Phantom it gives this constant beep noise. No lights under propeller.
It's altering it's sound pattern from two to three to four beeps in a row. It drives me crazy.

Here's what I already tried to solve the problem:
- Factory Reset via DJI Assistant 2 -> failed saying "Factory Reset Failed!"
- tried to downgrade to two different versions via DJI Assistant 2 -> always failed after download was finished
- tried to upgrade via DJI Go App -> it said "your firmware is incomatible - reload the firmware?" -> I clicked yes and nothing happened after that
- left the unit on for 45 minutes without being plugged to anything (since I read this works with the Phantom 3)
-> beeping sound altered but nothing happened either

I'm so desperate with this.
How can I stop it from beeping and regain a working firmware??

Please Help!

Possible firmware brick dues to home wi-fi router too far / or wi-fi signal disturbance RC or P4.

Use DJI Assistant Software to workaround the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Apologies for missing this point. Can you try this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try connecting the P4 directly to your tablet with the supplied cable. Hold down the "graduation hat" symbol for approx 10 seconds (in the GO app) and it should tell you what firmware is installed, and give you options to upgrade/downgrade. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!
I going to send the Tech Support Team a log file.

@rockydog: I tried the procedure as you described. Being directly connected to the iPad the App wasn't able to connect to the P4 and thus couldn't give any hint on what Firmware was installed nor could it update it. When launching the Live-View mode there wasn't even an image or control over the P4

Then I tried to connect it via Remote Control. Here the P4 was able to connect with the App and RC:

Product: Phantom 4
Curent version: Unknown
Chose firmware-version: Version 01.02.0503
(100% downloaded)

If I then choose to upgrade it prompts me to plug the cable directly into the P4. Which then leads into the same problem again - no connection to P4!
Also as I said in the opening post: If the App is launched while being connected to the RC, it prompts me to reload the firmware. But if I do so nothing else happens after that!
I'm so desperate, as this one was just rented from a friend.

UPDATE: I let the unit stay on for 2 hours today! Beeping didn't go away.

Any other possibilties?

Can you try again with app launched while connnected to the RC but without sdcard inserted in P4 (in case there is some inconsistent data in sdcard)

When you got prompted to reload software, what does the screen show. Can you see any progress bar? Are we sure your device has strong Wi-Fi connection?, because RC and P4 can impact visibility of home router wifi signal, especially if router not close from you (generally download get paused).

Also make sure the cable you use is in perfect conditions. Try another one if possible. Some users got issues with this.

With previous Phantom version it was possible to let the craft auto-upgrade after user non response time-out, by letting sdcard in it with .bin firmware. Not sure same can be done with P4 as upgrade process if from device or DJI Assistant.

It is likely P4 is not in state to work as maybe not correctly booting. If so would be difficult to resolve without consult DJI support. You might want contact them providing short video of beeping sound + upgrade log file.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic