Arm bent after crash

Reaction score
I was recently flying my Phantom 3 Standard when a gust of wind took it into some tree branches. It fell about 7 feet or so and bent the end of one of the arms, so the propeller keeps running into the arm. If anyone has had this problem or one similar to it I would appreciate some tips on what to do, I don’t want to shell out a few hundred more dollars to fix it unless absolutely necessary

Attachments

• 83FCD20A-A6A5-4B02-9277-D554A3F7C749.jpeg
    83FCD20A-A6A5-4B02-9277-D554A3F7C749.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 424
I gotta ask the obvious question. Are you sure it’s not the prop that’s bent? I don’t see any deformation on the shells other than the gap in the seams.

Reactions: Astrix
I gotta ask the obvious question. Are you sure it’s not the prop that’s bent? I don’t see any deformation on the shells other than the gap in the seams.
I’m sure. The propeller in the photo is new, it’s just that the bend in the arm is very small, but enough to screw things up

I was recently flying my Phantom 3 Standard when a gust of wind took it into some tree branches. It fell about 7 feet or so and bent the end of one of the arms, so the propeller keeps running into the arm. If anyone has had this problem or one similar to it I would appreciate some tips on what to do, I don’t want to shell out a few hundred more dollars to fix it unless absolutely necessary

I’d be checking the props first then also check the motor isn’t dislodged from its correct mounting angle, finally check the motor spindle (what the props screw onto) isn’t bent. Good luck [emoji106]

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I’m sure. The propeller in the photo is new, it’s just that the bend in the arm is very small, but enough to screw things up

Those shells are pretty ridged, and usually crack before they bend. As suggested above, check the motor screws and mounts in the lower arm that they are not dislodged in any way. Phantoms are well known to crack at the motor screw mounts on the lower arms if tightened too much, so go easy with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.