ARGtek range extender

Interesting all this; so, the (downgraded) DJI GO app, TELLS the drone to change it's FCC / CE specs? I don't need to change firmware? (already downgraded a few)

No need to mess around with the firmware, I'm flying with the latest 1.54.0 with no problems. It works with FW 1.32.0 also.

Reactions: smackc4
No need to mess around with the firmware, I'm flying with the latest 1.54.0 with no problems. It works with FW 1.32.0 also.

WELL; Sad to say, it was a COMPLETE FAILURE!
I COULD NOT get drone to connect to RC no matter what I tried!
About to give up, then downloaded app onto my phone, and worked. (Took some scary footage too which I'm about to review)
So; I have NO IDEA, but as I said, NO SIGNAL with other version.. ALSO; (same with new one) my last green power light (on power button) is staying RED?!
Any ideas? Usually ALL GREEN!

WELL; Sad to say, it was a COMPLETE FAILURE!
I COULD NOT get drone to connect to RC no matter what I tried!
About to give up, then downloaded app onto my phone, and worked. (Took some scary footage too which I'm about to review)
So; I have NO IDEA, but as I said, NO SIGNAL with other version.. ALSO; (same with new one) my last green power light (on power button) is staying RED?!
Any ideas? Usually ALL GREEN!

PS; doesn't 1.54.0 require logging in to dji before each flight in order to unlimit distance?
(not much good if out of town)

PS; doesn't 1.54.0 require logging in to dji before each flight in order to unlimit distance?
(not much good if out of town)

The firmware has nothing to do with it, it's the app which requires login. And it requires it just once, the first time you start it. After that you can fly however you wish.

Ah ok...So long as you don't LOG OUT, or that doesn't matter?

Ah ok...So long as you don't LOG OUT, or that doesn't matter?

Exactly. No need to log out ever, you only have to log back in when installing fresh or upgrading the app. As for your connection issue, the app has nothing to do with it. The AC and RC connect with each other, with or without mobile and app. If you encounter problems, try to reset the connection, procedure is explained in the manual - and can be found in this forum also. Happy flying!

Exactly. No need to log out ever, you only have to log back in when installing fresh or upgrading the app. As for your connection issue, the app has nothing to do with it. The AC and RC connect with each other, with or without mobile and app. If you encounter problems, try to reset the connection, procedure is explained in the manual - and can be found in this forum also. Happy flying!

... Ive reset the connection many times... just hasn't worked this time.

He is flying with a Phantom 3 Standard, not a Phantom 3 SE. So, your advice about firmwareversions is not good.

Reactions: smackc4
FYI guys; ACCORDING to the DJI app (latest version I was forced to download to get it to work) 1389m was the distance.
I do normally fly close to 120m high, WHEN the signal doesn't drop out (which it usually DOES).
One thing I DID do different yesterday with the ARG antennae, was found :
1. KEEP antennas VERTICAL (Don't try 'aiming' them (being directional) AT the drone, and;
2. even rotating my body slightly L to R, resulted in signal lost / signal regained.

...Thinking of going BACK to stock antenna!
(the 2 square ones in the kit, merely bring the internal ones effectively OUTSIDE the RC case, but in reality, are in fact THEMSELVES encased in plastic! So...)

Last edited:
Today I finally got to fly at my brothers ranch. I flew around a bit and then took off to see the landscape. I had no connection issues until I reached bit over 1200m, at that point I had just first warning of image transmission quality. Control was supreme, I could have gone further, but decided to turn back since I had been flying before, it was -18C outside and I knew I had to fight the wind on my way home. This flight was with Russian 3.1.18 SW, latest FW and ARGtek antennas, panel antennas on the controls and omni-directional on the center.
Can't wait to fly there at summer, they have a small cottage by the river just 2,5km away, I think I could easily fly there and back.

Reactions: PhantomFlyer3SE
FYI guys; ACCORDING to the DJI app (latest version I was forced to download to get it to work) 1389m was the distance.
I do normally fly close to 140m high, WHEN the signal doesn't drop out (which it usually DOES).
1. KEEP antennas VERTICAL (Don't try 'aiming' them (being directional) AT the drone, and;
2. even rotating my body slightly L to R, resulted in signal lost / signal regained.

(the 2 square ones in the kit, merely bring the internal ones effectively OUTSIDE the RC case, but in reality, are in fact THEMSELVES encased in plastic! So...)
Sir, are you sure you have the connectors popped in right? I had to push them with screwdriver to have them really connect. As ARGtek says on their site:

"For starters, anyone saying this made their signal worse...didn't install it correctly. There are 3 wires that need to be popped off their connectors.

Please use a small screwdriver pull up on the wire and they pop off (don't be afraid to use a little force, if they are on their properly it'll take a tug).

Please pull up on the antenna while chipping away at the glue with screwdriver and they come off. The other wire is connected to the original antenna which you remove.

Now here comes the part where you need to focus...snapping these 3 new wires onto their respective bases. You really have to snap them on or they won't work.

(People having range issues after installing this mod probably didn't push down hard enough so these new connectors snapped tightly into place)."

Today I finally got to fly at my brothers ranch. I flew around a bit and then took off to see the landscape. I had no connection issues until I reached bit over 1200m, at that point I had just first warning of image transmission quality. Control was supreme, I could have gone further, but decided to turn back since I had been flying before, it was -18C outside and I knew I had to fight the wind on my way home. This flight was with Russian 3.1.18 SW, latest FW and ARGtek antennas, panel antennas on the controls and omni-directional on the center.
Can't wait to fly there at summer, they have a small cottage by the river just 2,5km away, I think I could easily fly there and back.

As I see you doesn't had to much other choice but to catch the drone with hand :)

Reactions: vhanhisuanto
No gain using Argtek kit for P3SE and I installed it very carefully, thoroughly ... the stock antennas of the RC are more reliable.
So my advice is not to buy an Argtek kit, because it is not powerfull enough ... this applies only for P3SE ... I have a friend who use an Argtek kit for P3S and benefits from it in terms of distance and signal boost

No gain using Argtek kit for P3SE and I installed it very carefully, thoroughly ... the stock antennas of the RC are more reliable.
So my advice is not to buy an Argtek kit, because it is not powerfull enough ... this applies only for P3SE ... I have a friend who use an Argtek kit for P3S and benefits from it in terms of distance and signal boost

To be honest I kind of expected this was the result!
It seems the phantom 3 se is not sharing P3S transmission system, neither P3Pro/Adv, so it's hard to have antennas made for other models to work with it!
From what experienced people say about the SE transmission signal it seems almost like a "beta testing" for the Mavic Air system!
It's sure not a lightbridge, nor is it a "pure" wifi or it wouldn't reach the range it is capable of... maybe if DJI release sdk we will know and they will make the right set of antennas...

To be honest I kind of expected this was the result!
It seems the phantom 3 se is not sharing P3S transmission system, neither P3Pro/Adv, so it's hard to have antennas made for other models to work with it!
From what experienced people say about the SE transmission signal it seems almost like a "beta testing" for the Mavic Air system!
It's sure not a lightbridge, nor is it a "pure" wifi or it wouldn't reach the range it is capable of... maybe if DJI release sdk we will know and they will make the right set of antennas...
...it is not sure DJI will release a SDK or when... this was their answer when I asked them why is P3SE the only drone that does not work officially with LITCHI app... no comments... we were lucky someone modded dji go 3.1.18 and can fly in Fcc

Reactions: Psycho Andy
I just hope they will release it: it seems this is the mistery drone!
We don't know how exactly it works, we don't even know what kind of protocol it uses for tx/rc communcations!
This way it might become useless in a short time as noone will be able to develop third party software or parts!
I'm already considering selling it as I just got a P3Adv with a very good deal!

I do normally fly close to 140m high, WHEN the signal doesn't drop out (which it usually DOES).

**Correction by the way; Just re-reading this January 2019 - 120m is what I meant, not 140.

PS; Have just bought a Mavic Pro - chalk and cheese - NO connection issues :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj