ARGtek range extender

When you use the 5 GHz band, it does not matter what kind of antenna you use. The shorter waves used by the 5 GHz band make it less effective in penetrating walls and fixed objects. It also has a shorter effective range than the 2.4 GHz band.
Please do not forget, that 2,4 GHz do not differ to match in wave length from 5 GHz.
One is 12 cm the other is about 6 cm. Neigther will plow throgh buildings or trees with stuffed crown.
Other fact, that controller and AC use lower signal energy level in FCC mode at 2.4 GHz as at 5 GHz. Difference is 3dBm.
This is an additional reason, why DJI say, that they product's range is higher on 5 GHz as on 2.4 GHz

So, I agree, antenna can not help to go through snow on trees, but its true for 2.4 GHz as well

Last edited:
I flew on New Year's eve on another site, 20km north from where I live. I switched to the omnidirectional antennas, and they seemed to have better/stabler connection than with the panel antennas. I flew around us, on top of us and filmed at the fireworks. That was a cool flight. :)

I couldnt fly anymore at the midnight, I could have been missiled down with the fireworks or get arrested with DUI (or in this case FUI). :D

i had nothing but bad luck with the ARGtek extender kit. This is for my p3se I only got half the range of the standard antenna so I changed it back . So much for there claims up to 4 times the distance .

SAME! - Barely any range advantage - Same signal loss as std antenna had. 800m MAX range!!
Beats me HOW some P3S people on youtube get 8+KM!!!???

Have you tried this version of the DJI Go app? It is also useful for the P3S:

DJI Go 3.1.18 - FCC

I think you're flying in CE mode and with this version it could be beter.

No I haven't, but will DEFINITELY try it out!!
THANKS!

...How can I be flying in CE mode by the way?
I have the China options disabled?

No I haven't, but will DEFINITELY try it out!!
THANKS!

...How can I be flying in CE mode by the way?
I have the China options disabled?
The Chinese settings (China Mainland) are slightly different than the settings for the CE and FCC standards. In Australia the CE standards is normal. To my knowledge, America is the only continent where they use the FCC standard.

As official standards for the P3S, DJI indicates that it flies a maximum of 500 in the CE norm and a maximum of 1000 meters in the FCC standard. When I release the results you have achieved here, you must be able to fly at least 1,500 meters with this app.

Reactions: smackc4
The Chinese settings (China Mainland) are slightly different than the settings for the CE and FCC standards. In Australia the CE standards is normal. To my knowledge, America is the only continent where they use the FCC standard.

As official standards for the P3S, DJI indicates that it flies a maximum of 500 in the CE norm and a maximum of 1000 meters in the FCC standard. When I release the results you have achieved here, you must be able to fly at least 1,500 meters with this app.

WOW! So, this DJIGO version will set it to what it SHOULD be here in AU then?
Or do I need to adjust the software as well?

WOW! So, this DJIGO version will set it to what it SHOULD be here in AU then?
Or do I need to adjust the software as well?
No, you doesn't have to configure anything. Just use the app, and you will be in FCC mode.

Awesome!
Didn't you just say though that maximum of 1000 meters in the FCC mode?
Officially, yes. But officially you can only fly 500 meters in CE mode and you fly 800 meters. So try that app (preferably in the open field) and be surprised how far you can fly.

By the way, pay attention to your height. I think you get a better result when you are at least 85 meters high.

Officially, yes. But officially you can only fly 500 meters in CE mode and you fly 800 meters. So try that app (preferably in the open field) and be surprised how far you can fly.

By the way, pay attention to your height. I think you get a better result when you are at least 85 meters high.
Cool!
... can't wait to go for a fly this week and report back here ☺

Awesome!
Didn't you just say though that maximum of 1000 meters in the FCC mode?
Have you tried to put "windsurfer" reflector antenna on your stock antenna?
In case of P3S it is effective.

Have you tried to put "windsurfer" reflector antenna on your stock antenna?
In case of P3S it is effective.

Not yet but the possibility is on the horizon (no pun), given how useless I'm finding these other ones, (although with the change of software version they might be ok)...

Have you tried this version of the DJI Go app? It is also useful for the P3S:

DJI Go 3.1.18 - FCC

I think you're flying in CE mode and with this version it could be beter.

So this APK file, I (somehow) only 'update the DJI GO APP with? - NOT the drone like in firmware upgrades yes?

Yep. Remove the old app and install this version. And then fly...!
(by the way, I was all the day looking in the air and thought I'd see your drone flying.)

Have done - will take it out in the morning...yeah frustrating; had 2 consecutive days of bookings until now.
Having poor signal to RC error tho, & that screen jumping up and down

What kind of configuration are you using? Tablet of phone? How many memory?

Using 7" Lenovo Tablet (the ONLY Tab I could find that has GPS, other than $500 units - this cost me $99 NEW!)
+ updated MicroSDHC UHS-1 16GB.
Also boosted RC output.
Plans o fly this morning shelved as have to finish some work (deadline TODAY!) and it's midday (extremely HOT, INTENSE sun) so will fly in a few hours.

Interesting all this; so, the (downgraded) DJI GO app, TELLS the drone to change it's FCC / CE specs? I don't need to change firmware? (already downgraded a few)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers