Apple vs Android

Apple or Android? Which one do you use?

• Total voters
Nope everybody knows when you have a "open source" phone like the android guys like to brag about you open the door to malware. You can't have one without the other. That's why windows computers are always getting them and freezing up or slowing down. One of my MacBooks is from 2008 and running the currant operating system great. Not as fast as a new MacBook but a 1000 times faster and smoother then any windows computer that old. Not to mention it's still worth money unlike a windows piece of crap computer. There's a reason they say once you go MAC you never go back. I used to own windows computers cause I thought too like so many Macs are too much money. That is until I bought my first one and I wish I never would have waited so long. Night and day. User friendly, fast, smooth, no malware, no pop ups, and just works like it's suppose to. You Mac guys know what I'm talking about[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Me too I have a MacBook from 2009 and it's still faster than my Windows computer. It's genius

Like I've said above - both work fine. You won't talk any avid Android user into buying an apple product is better, anymore than any avid apple user can be talked into buying androids. We Android users know and use the best product with the best logo. I mean who wants a picture of a half eaten rotten apple on anything? Android has the cool factor hands down.

View attachment 65625 View attachment 65626

Android is the market leader... Because they put it on every platform from KMart special to the Samsung that blows up

No I would say people that buy apple products are just smarter[emoji6]. And will go without somewhere else to have a quality product that will last for years without any issue. That can't be said for windows computers that are worthless the day after you bought them, and full crap ad's you don't need or want, and freeze up and you causing you to throw it against the wall in anger[emoji12]

Well, I have both a Macbook Pro, and a PC desktop running Windows 10. Both are 3 years old and both work perfectly. There are things about PC I like better than Mac, like the ability to customize things more and get into the inner workings and change things more to your preferences. You can always upgrade your hard drive, memory and other hardware in a few minutes to suit your needs. With the Mac, though, I always just feel a greater sense of confidence and security, plus the Mac tends work more seamlessly overall than the PC. I think as with all things the caveat should be this: "Your results may vary."

I'm wondering how many people are using Apple compared to Android for their Phantoms so I set up a poll to get results. Also wondering about performance differences between the two platforms as I'm thinking of picking up an Apple iPad air 2 or iPad mini 4. Thank you for participating. And fly safe!

Just picked up an iPad Air 2 with cellular. Love it! I was using my iPhone or Air wifi before. This is much better.

I'm an information security professional and will not use Android on the basis of what I know of the state of malware development and deployment for Android. Couple that with the fact that security patches and OS upgrades can be delayed by both the phone manufacturer AND the wireless carrier, and you could be left vulnerable for months or longer. When there is a security issue with iOS, the patch is available to every device owner rapidly.

Once you get past the security issue, it really is a matter of price and preference. I prefer iOS devices to everything I've seen in the Android world. I greatly prefer the iPhone's screen to the Samsung's, for example. I find the Samsung screen to be oversaturated and cartoon-like. I won't say that Samsung is BAD, however.. Just not my preference.

I firmly believe in using the right tool for the job. I use Windows on the desktop (price/performance/flexibility) and am comfortable with taking the steps required to mitigate viruses and other malware. I use a triple-headed monitor setup and don't even want to know how much it would cost to set this up in a Mac context. That being said, the Macbook Air is one of my favorite laptops ever. However, work gave me a Lenovo Yoga and I like that quite a bit.

I will generally agree that Apple's integrated design of the hardware and software produces a more stable and consistent platform - and makes things much easier for app developers - which is why you generally see apps come out for iOS before Android. Device fragmentation in Android also plays a role here. However, the fact that Android is open-source is not the real issue behind the spread of malware. Google's more lax attitude in checking what goes into the Play store is more responsible for that. Another recent example: Data-Stealing Malicious Apps Found in Google Play Store - it is essentially unheard of to find malware in the Apple App Store because they vet the apps much more rigidly.

So use what you prefer and can afford.. I have a hard time understanding anyone who says, "I will never use _______" and believes that everyone should feel the same way. I may never use Android, but I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong for doing so. (See: Ford vs. Chevy).

Ford vs Chevy sums it up nicely

I've never heard anyone complain about the text editor on iPhones before[emoji848] and to not buy one because of that[emoji849] iPhones are so user friendly i can't imagine androids are easier to use for anything[emoji14]

The iOS editor won't let you place the cursor with a quick touch. You have to touch and hold, wait for the bubble, then slide the cursor into place. If you don't wait for the bubble, the cursor sticks to its wrong position, you simply can't touch one space away to reinsert the cursor, it's not responsive. You must use the bubble. For me it's too slow being forced into waiting for the bubble.

The Android system simply let's me place the cursor accurately where I want it. 90% of the time the cursor inserts exactly where I want it, almost as if it's reading my mind, it's uncanny. It's quick, clean and accurate.

also, the keyboard app called Swype works twice as good on Android with gestures that don't work well on the iOS Swype version, I presume because Apple doesn't allow the authors of the app to includes the gesture features. I keep hoping someday that will change.

There are other iOS gripes I have like the file system and photo handling.

I'm agnostic though, like I said, I use iPad to fly Phantoms and Android ( LG-G5) for my phone. Both have key benefits I want and need.

Last edited:
The iOS editor won't let you place the cursor with a quick touch. You have to touch and hold, wait for the bubble, then slide the cursor into place. If you don't wait for the bubble, the cursor sticks to its wrong position, you simply can't touch one space away to reinsert the cursor, it's not responsive. You must use the bubble. For me it's too slow being forced into waiting for the bubble.

The Android system simply let's me place the cursor accurately where I want it. 90% of the time the cursor inserts exactly where I want it, almost as if it's reading my mind, it's uncanny. It's quick, clean and accurate.

also, the keyboard app called Swype works twice as good on Android with gestures that don't work well on the iOS Swype version, I presume because Apple doesn't allow the authors of the app to includes the gesture features. I keep hoping someday that will change.

There are other iOS gripes I have like the file system and photo handling.

I'm agnostic though, like I said, I use iPad to fly Phantoms and Android ( LG-G5) for my phone. Both have key benefits I want and need.

Not true john. If you have a newer ios device u force touch the key board and slide the cursor around very accurately. It greys out the keys and u can slide the cursor anywhere, no bubble.

151b4a0ed56992c9ba8d6cbc95de3c33.jpg

Here is a terrible video that demonstrates what i mean.

Reactions: TheLightSpeedz
I have only used iPad Air 2 on Inspire and P4, so can't compare to Android. My only gripe about the Air 2 is screen reflection, using large sunscreen with another one Velcro attached to it to extend out to my face, still get reflection from behind unless I stick my head under the sunscreens. I modified my tablet mount so I could leave my Otterbox on the iPad, but I had cut out the protective screen of the Otterbox before installing the IPad for better screen sensitivity(it did not seem to offer much anti-glare). Now I would like advice on the best anti-glare screen.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have only used iPad Air 2 on Inspire and P4, so can't compare to Android. My only gripe about the Air 2 is screen reflection, using large sunscreen with another one Velcro attached to it to extend out to my face, still get reflection from behind unless I stick my head under the sunscreens. I modified my tablet mount so I could leave my Otterbox on the iPad, but I had cut out the protective screen of the Otterbox before installing the IPad for better screen sensitivity(it did not seem to offer much anti-glare). Now I would like advice on the best anti-glare screen.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

They all have reflection...

Geo? Wasn't that the guy from the Matrix? :sunglasses:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub